Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just started this. The whole "project" really was just an excuse for me to experiment with a darker design and become more experienced with purely CSS-based design.

I've only tested the design in Safari and Camino, so I've taken a screenshot which should my "goal" to make it look like that in all browsers:

http://www.geoffmyers.net/gbmphoto/preview.png

Member #
    I would change your background from fixed to absolute and possibly Photoshop your face out of the picture at the top, it looks kinda creepy since it is so faint. I do like the black and white style of the site.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Definitely make the background not fixed. See if you can make the bottom fade to black or something, but fixed background tend to drive at least me nuts.

Member #
    Hi,
    Your site is clean and nicely put together - I'm rubbish at visuals so my opinion may not count for much It's a great looking site!
    I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with your site though? Is it going to be a blog? or are you hoping that it will be something more?
    Cheers,

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pondlife
    Hi,
    Your site is clean and nicely put together - I'm rubbish at visuals so my opinion may not count for much It's a great looking site!
    I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with your site though? Is it going to be a blog? or are you hoping that it will be something more?
    Cheers,
    I don't know what I'm going to do with this concept design. My real goal is to some how integrate all my Flickr sets, tags, photos, etc. within the site instead of sending visitors to Flickr to check them out... :ermm:

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    There should be some APIs on the site that allow you to show your images elsewhere. I've seen a few tutorials knocking around on www.pixel2life.com, at least.

Member #
    I really like the two images, you with the sparklers, and the one with the road. They work well together. The only thing I'd recommend is that somehow you highlight these images. It seems that the text sort-of steals the show, and those two images are stronger than anything you couldve written. Sorry i dont have anything more concrete, also nice job on the photo-folio.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Remove Ads