Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

Have just finished creating this site and would appreciate any feedback, comments, suggestions or tips.

http://www.ctoa.com.au

It has only been tested on PC using IE 5.5+, Firefox 1.5 & Netscape 8, so if you have any problems with layout, formatting or functionality, pls let me know your browser, O/S and screen resolution.

Thanks
    hank_the_tank

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm using the latest version of Firefox and the index page seems a bit messed up. The rest of the site is fine, though it looks like you've used tables (I can't tell since you've used frames aswell).

Seems to work fine though. It loads quickly enough and it's easy to read. Just the home page needs sorting. There's a blank box in the middle of the page, and nothing is the same width, so it's a little disjointed.

Member #
    Thanks for that ljm. The footer on the home page was out of alignment, but I have fixed this now - thanks for picking up on this.
    I did use tables as I have found css formatting so difficult to get things right. I will probably eventually re-write the site without using tables for formatting, but for now it will have to do.
    I have also used frames to hide the various page URLs, as the site is written in ASP and some of the querystrings get quite long (and ugly). Also, I am recording hits on the home page and would prefer that users bookmarked the site home, rather than individual pages within the site. If anyone can suggest better ways of achieving these things, I'm open to ideas!!
    Thanks again!
    hank_the_tank

Member #
    There's a blank box in the middle of the page, and nothing is the same width, so it's a little disjointed.
    Can you please explain this a little more?? I have attached a screen cap of what I see in Firefox on the home page. Is something missing when you view it??

Attachment 2466

Thanks
    hank_the_tank
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    This is something very small, but I'll comment on more later.

The bus on the top right -- The 'glare' looks funny. I mean, it only glares on the left side. Where's the front of the bus?

Here's a tutorial: http://www.oman3d.com/tutorials/phot..._3dreflection/

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is what I get in Firefox (1.5.0.6):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Thanks for that, ljm. That is bizarre! The white box on the left is a Flash piece, so I'm guessing you either don't have the Flash plug-in or it is not enabled.
    The rest of that section is made up of two images that are 10Kb each, so I wouldn't think it is an issue with these images loading slowly. I'm really not sure, as I haven't seen this happen before.
    Appreciate your help!

Member #
    Displays fine for me in the latest version of Firefox (1.5.0.6).

Remove Ads