Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ck.
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hiya.

Please could you take a look at this site and let us know what you think?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Please bear in mind that we are mere novices to this.

Thanking you.

The Morningstarr

Member #
    Hi,

I would suggest changing a few things.

First, remove the big welcome logo. It's repetitive. If you were to keep it, I'd say remove the gradient, and at least use the same font as your logo header.

The second thing you can do is establish a color theme that works in harmony. The blue links on the deep red background is one example. Also, the Main Features and Latest stories should be in a more visible color such as white.

Thirdly, I'd remove the "Click here for more" links and use the title as the link or even the image block beside it instead -- 'Cosmic Ordering Service'.

Most people don't include counters on their website anymore, so for sake of design I'd personally remove it. You can always include an invisible one if need be, or if you do want one visible it should match the style and color scheme of your site.

The images of the lady, the guy w/the messed up face, and such should probably be all the same size. It's good to keep things symmetrical and proprotionate. The space between the left red panel and the white area where your Welcome section is, is not equal on both sides.

These are just my suggestions.

Regards,
    Nick

Member #
    Hi!
    I think that your site is interesting and it's design is, hmm, college student like? I mean this in a good way! The great thing about your site is the writing - I thought the Cosmic Ordering article/blog was really funny and well written. I reckon your site will succeed in this alone so don't get to caught up in how the site looks - just dabble with this over time and it will all come together until you're happy with it.
    Good luck

Remove Ads