Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I am a newbie in this world of web designing. I am trying to do something unique in the world of blogging. I have been working on http://webtips.blogsome.com for quite a few days now and I must confess I have done some experiments here. Ofcourse my first and foremost choice is to give most of the focus to the content.

Can you please give me some feedbacks as to where you feel am doing wrong? Thanks in advace ..

Regards,
    Rabanerjee

(Please note: The source code and the content is yet to optimized and developed properly.)

Member #
    The text all seems to be about the same size. I would give the headlines a bigger font, as well as the logo. Also on my 1024x768 screen the text areas are a bit wide. Ideally you want your text areas to be about 60-70 characters wide, yours (on my screen res at least) is over 100 chars wide. All that being said it looks like you have some good content, and it would be a site id go to if the design was improved.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Hi Slyder,

Thanks for your feedback. As mentioned before I have made some experiments in my layout. Among various other things I am also trying to make things simpler as also make it a colorful place.

All that being said it looks like you have some good content, and it would be a site id go to if the design was improved.
    The layout is ofcourse a bit of the track but please give me some time to redesign the whole layout. Please dont stop coming to webtips. I am trying to do something constructive with as much little resources as possible.

Regards,
    Rabanerjee

Member #
    Hi everyone,

A few months back I requested a review of my small site in an effort to make it better. I got a reply then from Slyder and tried to improve the design.

In these few days I worked on improving the header, right menu, etc. Can you kindly have a look and leave your thoughts on what you saw. Please let me know if anything is wrong or what more I can do to improve it.

Regards,
    Rabanerjee

Remove Ads