Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have almost finished the design of my blog, I will post an article a week and it covers all aspects of web design, I have a handful of articles on their already (well 2). There are still some major issues in IE, please ignore those for now! - I would appreciate your critique on the design?

web design blog

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's a nice design, I like it. Not sure about the fixed background since it can mess with my eyes a bit.

It could be a bit wider too, I think. The content looks a bit cramped, and reading a long, thin column isn't easy on the eyes.

Other than that though, very good.

Member #
    very nice. it could use a bit more contrast. it's especially hard to read when that pink cube drifts behind the text.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Ah yes ... the Dan Cederholm fan designbit - simplebits ... the cube logo on yours and the cube logo on his, different mind you but still there alot of resemblances.

and I remember saying something the first time you posted the site up for a review .. I know ... you said it was all good but still ... it's weird.

nice design and good luck with it.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Thanks all for comments, really appreciated, any more comments / suggestions welcome = designbit web design blog

See below:

ljm:

do you think i should try a full screen larger text version?

slyder:

I do have contrast reservations, ill play around. But I do want a dark background on this site.

Karinne:

What can I say, I DO get inspiration from good designers! - But I do think apart from the name they couldnt be more different!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't think you should go for a fullscreen version, just give it an extra 100 pixels width maybe? It's not too much of a problem, but it was the first thing I noticed.

It's not particularly detrimental to the layout as a whole.

EDIT: Forget that, it's done in ems. I've compared it to a design I'm testing out myself and they're the same. Must be some odd optical illusion.

Remove Ads