Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm real new as a freelance designer, so my portfolio doesn't have anything in it at the moment; however, I'm working on changing that. I really went for a minimalist, usable look for it, but I also tried to make it attractive, something many minimal sites do horribly with. There's really no color right now, because that's something I was planning on having the screenshots add. I made an example here:

http://beta.mattamundson.com/

Please, critique both the code and design. Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Some rollovers would be good on the actual portfolio images...and never resize an image simply through HTML/CSS; display a 1:1 copy, resizing the original to a smaller version as necessary. Browsers do a crap job of resizing images because they use nearest neighbor methods, not bilinear or bicubic methods like Photoshop defaults to.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Well, the resized image is just on the beta. I have no intention of actually putting that image in my portfolio.

Member #
    Hi,
    Will be perfectly honest, freelance designers are hot and fierce out there, and if you want to get noticed and stand out you really need to offer something more than you have.
    Good design elements in there but nothing that really makes you stand out from the crowd as it were.
    Good to see you using css as it should and not using the dreaded tables which are major plus points.
    Well done and good luck

Member #
    I like it - simple, effective, and gets the point across. Standards compliant too, which is great. However, you only have one piece of work on display and clicking on it does nothing (I'm using Opera 9 under Win XP).

Member #
    i critiqued this site somewhere else didnt i? possibly on deviantart? oh well, works fine in FF and O9, a bit white though

you only have one piece of work on display and clicking on it does nothing
    that happened to me too, just took me to www.mattamundson.com/# which was slightly annoying.

Member #
    Well, the reason that there's only one portfolio piece is because I'm new to freelancing. However, I'm currently working on something that I'm going to be putting up. And the reason that the current piece doesn't take you anywhere is because you're already on that website, it's just my portfolio.

Member #
    you need to add more links and more content in your site

Member #
    Well, I made some changes to the beta version. There not going to show up in IE, though. You'll need a browser like Firefox or Opera. The reason I didn't make the changes work in IE is because it's still in beta, I'm not sure if the features are going to go into my official site, so I don't see a reason to take the time to make it work. I'd really like to get your opinions on the changes.
    Oh, and can someone tell me what is inaccessible about my site. Making it accessible was one of my main goals with this design, but I guess there are some problems according to my ranking. If I missed anything, or did anything wrong, can you tell me?

Thanks

Member #
    it says ur a younge web developer? how old r are coz id call myself younge but im not to sure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads