Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I recoded/redesigned this site just a few weeks ago, but I was never satisfied with the plain and boring looking style sheet, so I created a new default CSS theme for the site. However, I completely understand that many people do NOT like reading light text on a dark background, so I've added the option of switching the style sheet to the old one (however, it doesn't save your settings - which is a problem). How does this new design look? I haven't spent much time on it, so it may be buggy. Also, the site uses transparency in PNGs, so beware if you're using IE6 and earlier (I've gotta add a hack soon).

P.S. If you're wondering why the whole site is within a frame, it's because GoDaddy (my domain registrar) is actually forwarding SimDex.org to GeoffMyers.net/simdex. I don't have a separate hosting plan for SimDex yet.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    "All sites viewed best with a good, modern browser (SEE LIST AT BOTTOM)."

That's not going to help potential clients who almost certainly do use crappy browsers like IE.

For PNG transparency in IE, there are various Javascript hacks to get it working without additional code (other than, obviously, including the Javascript file to begin with). IE will still get the color gamut wrong, though.

It's valid markup, BTW.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    "All sites viewed best with a good, modern browser (SEE LIST AT BOTTOM)."

That's not going to help potential clients who almost certainly do use crappy browsers like IE.
    I know, I know, I know. I knew that would be pointed out. I'm definitely gonna get rid of this or make it much less "IN YOUR FACE."

Member #
    As you've described yourself as a designer we have to be more harsh, and here it is -

The Good: the website works fine in Opera 9, its VERY easy to navigate, i think the idea to have different colors available to visitors is great.

The Bad: I dont like the bar that has the page title like "home" in it, i think that is kind of "out-of-place" and judging by this site, should you really be charging $99 for a 1 page site?!

still good luck with it!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidgold
    As you've described yourself as a designer we have to be more harsh, and here it is -

The Good: the website works fine in Opera 9, its VERY easy to navigate, i think the idea to have different colors available to visitors is great.

The Bad: I dont like the bar that has the page title like "home" in it, i think that is kind of "out-of-place" and judging by this site, should you really be charging $99 for a 1 page site?!

still good luck with it!
    I agree about the blue bar with the page title. I will look into it.

The $99, even for one page, is because of the template. However, I'll definitely consider lowering it. Perhaps $49 for a template + 1-3 pages?

Member #
    About PNG transparency there's always the CSS filter that does the trick. As for your design, I think it is a good one, there aren't many sites around the net you see with one that is this good.
    Hyperair

Remove Ads