Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, working on a site for a friend of mine's small business what do you think?
    Appreciate it,
    Michael Clark

Homebakeddelights.com

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Lots of problems.

First is that flash slideshow thing you have on there. The transitions are too distracting and it looks really unprofessional. If you want a slideshow, stick to one transition (mainly a fade in/out).

Secondly is your products page. I suggest having a list of your products and a picture of each one on your page, with text links and descriptions. Your large image at the moment won't work with search engines, and it's adding pointless clicks. Have the ability to buy straight from your product listing, with a link to view more info on a separate page.

The image link to your existing product says nothing about it. The product page doesn't even say anything about it. I still don't know what it is. I have to click a link to see info, when it should be on the description page. Get rid of unnecessary clicks, it makes information harder to access and will discourage visitors.

Finally is the code itself. Looks like it's been created in Dreamweaver's editor. The use of divs is largely negated when you've nested them in a table. It's one or the other, not both. As you learn more, you'll learn how to optimise your code and do your sites by hand, not with a WYSIWYG editor.

You also largely use that handwriting font. Don't - people who don't have that font won't see the site the way you intend it. Your site title also looks out of place the way it is. Some spelling mistakes too

Keep going at it and it'll improve. Again I've been quite unforgiving with my criticism (as always), but it'd be wrong to say everything's fine.

Member #
    yeah, you practically got it all there! im not a massive fan of the colour of the site either, i know that it is synonimous of chocolate or whatever but still, really put me off

Remove Ads