Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My portfolio

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is the current redesign of my portfolio site, which I used to demonstrate my work to potential employers when I was looking for a job. It uses valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS, which is something that I feel very strongly about. I've tried to keep everything simple, organised, easy to read and accessible. I also wrote some custom JavaScript to be used in conjunction with script.aculo.us effects to remember the toggle state of the image bar.

Criticise away - tell me how to make it better!

Member #
    i like the site and it works in Opera, which is always good! the one problem i have is its a little too grey, possibly brightening it up a little would be good, i like how you've set up that image hider bit, that was a bit different from others, also what font is that? i like the font...

Member #
    Thanks solidgold, your feedback is appreciated. I agree about it being too grey, I'll have to look into brightening it up when I get a chance. The font that I have is plain old Georgia - it can look quite elegant set to dark grey with a bit of line-height added via CSS.

Member #
    Delete your mobile number from your CV. It is bordering idiotic to put it there. If you want someone to contact you put down your e-mail.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    Delete your mobile number from your CV. It is bordering idiotic to put it there. If you want someone to contact you put down your e-mail.
    I wouldn't quite go so far as to call it idiotic, as it did need to be there once, but you're right - it doesn't need to be there any more. Thanks for pointing it out (I think).

Remove Ads