Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rate my layout

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey guys im semi new to web design im studying multimedia at school and webdesign is my fav class, im only 16 so i cant afford an actual site so i can only show u an image layout of my site and how its gonna be ! the top buttons have a yellow version roll over.

can you take a look at this and tell me if its any good i have got it in dreamweaver and its working great!

Member #
    I'm not really a fan of the header bit, i dont like the look of the font or the area where the links are, not raving about the colours used either, sorry to say all of this, but i dont really like the site as a whole, dont use a grey background either.
    good luck and keep at it,
    solidgold

Member #
    Im not a big fan either. I like the orange and yellow, but feel that the grey background for the site as well as the grey background for the logo looks odd. I don't like the navigation font either. Also, what is with the dark orange flecks in the logo text?
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Probably the biggest issue that stands out to me is the use of your company name 4 times and what is essentially two different logo designs.

Use of colors on sites are usually subjective. In this case the background color is an issue that doesn't help the overall look of your site.
    The orange/yellow is ok enough.

From a design standpoint, here is what I think the issues you need to resolve are:

1) Your orange and yellow sidebar doesn't really serve a purpose. There is no content, no links and no graphics/photos/etc that help it.
    With no sample text in the body of the design, there is no way to see how it would impact the overall design...........so that does need to be addressed.

2) Your logo (text). Since your logo is your company name, anytime you use it, it should be consistent with ONE standard.
    I like the handwritten font style, but to have that on the front of the page twice and to have a completely different design as the header..........it is confusing. Be consistent in the look of your site.
    Even if you choose a style that doesn't fit your site.........you can still make up for design issues if you have a consistent look.
    Pick one style and get rid of the other...........Plus, you can lose a couple of the company name's. You got one in the header, two in the sidebar and one in the disclaimer.

3) Nobody here cares about your age. I don't mean that in a negative way, I'm just saying.........you don't need to make an excuse.
    With hosting sites as little as $3-$4 a month, ANYONE can afford a "real site".
    I'm sure if you tell your parents that you are interested in doing web design and it is your favorite class, that they can spring for the $10 for a domain name and the $4 a month to get you a website...........so go and ask them.
    Then use the site to test out all of the stuff you create.

Good luck.......
    GMan

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It is a bit 'meh', to be honest.

One of the other issues is that it's so small. It's most likely a scale drawing, and it doesnt' even take up half the viewport. Needs to be made wider.

Seems a bit too graphics heavy aswell, but that's probably because there's nothing else, hehe. Could do with some dummy text in there to see how it pads out.

Member #
    how do i put sample text in without having to type it all?
    my teacher tells me to site it up for 1024x768 and to use a 900x600 template? that not right?
    if i was to make a website what info should i include?

Member #
    You are fine on the size. I think because it was a jpeg, it wasn't reading as the size it will show up on the web...........no big deal.
    What your teacher recommended is fine.

To put sample text, just take any random paragraphs or cut and paste from something that isn't copyright protected (something you wrote usually works).
    Just to see how the text will look.

If you were to make a website, the content is up to you. I was just suggesting getting a site (yourname.com, nickname, or some other name) so that you can have a site to upload your work to.

Good luck.......
    GMan

Member #
    would it be good not to have a site with a company first of my friend had a company thats why i did the creative designs (wasnt gonna be a website)

Member #
    Just get a random site to post things and test them out.
    I use planetgman.com for different stuff from time to time, but if you go there now, you will see I have nothing on it.

You can do the same thing. I'm not suggesting setting up a business, but you should have a site that you can upload and test things out with.

G
    GMan

Member #
    yeah ur site is weird lol, is it easy to upload a webpage coz i tried with freewebs and i had to upload all the picture and even then i couldnt get it to work in my layout they all came up as freewebs default images like 20 of them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads