Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Split-Visionz

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

aight Im redoing my site again as I accidently deleted it by removing the wrong version of my CMS... well right now, the only content is the sample content thrown up by the CMS Im using... there will eventually be multiple headers that fade in as u change pages... Im looking for feedback on the overall design

Member #
    "aight", here it is, the site itself isnt too bad but you seem to have a major problem with spelling, apparently through choice, personally i would never use anything that ends in a "z" instead of an s.
    Also this part doesnt seem to make much sense to me
    Thank you for choosing Mambo. You have completed successfully the installation of the Mambo files and are now viewing part of the sample content that is included in the default Mambo installation
    As far as i'm aware, i didnt choose mambo, all i did was visit your website.
    The site is a little on the grey side too, maybe you should brighten it up a little?
    best of luck with it
    Solidgold

Member #
    None of the content is my own.. I accidently deleted my site when I removed the wrong version of the CMS backend Im using for the site, so Im starting from scratch....

Member #
    There, there. I don't think this forum is the right place for such words. What you seem to be looking for is a flame war, which I believe is illegal by the forum's rules. What solidgold said was completely meant as constructive criticism from the tone of his speech. If he didn't read your previous post carefully, you should explain to him in a nicer tone

Anyway, since you're so offended by remarks about your site design, I will decline to comment.
    Hyperair

Member #
    Solidgold, flaming is not allowed in WDF last I checked. I strongly suggest you just ignore him instead of flaming back.
    Hyperair

Member #
    yeah, good idea, i wouldnt want to be banned from here...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Fluidz, back off. While solidgold's post could have been more diplomatic, a quick look around How's My Site would quickly tell you that you often get harsh criticism.

Content is a large part of how a site is, so don't question why he told you that the content was off. Content is King is an adage that is often used around here. The URI is also important, as it's sometimes the first thing the user sees. This section is not How's My Design, it's How's My Site, and you can expect criticism on all aspects of your site here.

You know, reading your posts in a little more detail, Fluidz, it seems like you started bandying insults around rather quickly. Watch your tongue. This is a place for civilized discourse, not mud slinging. I'll delete the posts that contributed nothing to the discussion except for insults, but watch yourself.

Member #
    Shadowfiend, thank you for the help there and i apoligise for my behaviour before, i guess i could have been slightly less abrupt in my dismissal of fluidz website.

Member #
    lmao.. I could care less about a harsh criticism. This is the third site I've posted on here, Ive gotten harsh criticism. But this guy is a moron, and started off by giving negative comments on things that have nothing to do with what I asked.... ... bann me if you feel the need, I could give a **** less... If this is the way you morons act, its a wonder this forum gets posts

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Solid, that's fine, though you could, indeed, have been substantially less abrupt in your dismissal :-)

Fluidz, consider yourself warned. Next time you fire off an insult, you will be banned. The reason this forum gets posts is in part because even harsh criticism isn't decorated by insults.

If you wanted to ask solely about your design, there are certain forums here that are closer to your needs. Again, this forum is How's Your Site, and you can expect that people will comment on all aspects of your site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads