Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

this is a little project of mine which as you will see is still at the beginning stages.

i will be developing the site over the next few months

could you give me your thougts on the site and weather the actual idea is good/bad would you buy them?

site idea

thanks

Member #
    It's not bad, the design or the idea. There are alot of template sites out there though, so competition will be fierce. Your offer of all of your templates for one price though may entice people, as they could design multiple sites for one price.

As for the layout, I assume there will be more to you navigation. One suggestion I have would be to include mouseovers in the nav, and you could make some really nice ones using CSS. If you had the whole orange bg change color on mouseover, I think that would look nice. Also, I'm not a fan of the way "Templates" is stuck in there, but it might look better when you add more nav items.

Finally, maybe a slogan or something would fill in the space in your banner under the orange line. It looks a little empty. Other than that, nice work!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    NOTE: member changed link in original post, so this thread no longer applies.

A couple of suggestions:

First, scale the banner and the content to 100%. You're gonna have a lot of content, so you'll want to maximize your use of space. Maybe put a second vertical column on the right side with featured templates in it.

Second, the navigation on the left needs some work. I like the concept, but in practice it's not doing what you want it to do. The curve would probably work better as one big image, maybe a background image. You should also continue the orange down to the bottom of the content. What happens when your navigation grows? You'll have to address that. I would personally have made the orange "ladder" look a simple BG image one pixel wide x 30 pixels high, and put it as the bg of a table cell. Then in the column to the right have the curve image valigned to the top. Within the left cell, you can have another table with your nav items in it. Set your cell style to a height of 30px and it will fit with the BG perfectly.

Also, make the orange in your menu darker, bolder. The pale orange doesn't work well IMO.

Member #
    its very nice although i would not buy them maybe your average joe but i would rather design my site.
    http://www.macorastudios.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm going to take transio's idea one step further and suggest that your "ladder" include more menu items. "About Us", "contact us", "suggest a template", things of that nature. it's a little too naked the way it is there. The only other thing I'd change (and very minor) is to include uS as well as UK pricing. (After all, not everyone's a jolly old Brit, but most people will have some familiarity with the US greenback.)

The basic design and colour scheme is good though. The blue and the orange go very nicely together, and it's clean and easy to read.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    great thanks for the feedback.

the site will eventually have photoshop templates,flash templates maybe even fireworks ones too and also logos, buttons,bg images and banners.

i will be trying to cater for everyone so in there will be the flash buttons for peeps who need something quick but prefer to make the site themselves as you said.

as for the menu yeah it is a bit empty at the moment i quite like the idea of having the bg change on mouse over i think with thenstyle of menu it would suit that.

it is a bit basic at the mo, i wanted to get something on line to kind of test the water with it. over the next month or so i will be building it up.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Just make sure when you do the flash buttons that you don't copy the ones that are already in the library. Most people don't even know they're there but Macromedia does supply quite a few of them.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    no worries i will keep that in mind
    any other ideas on what i could do?

Member #
    ive updated it now ive totally changed it what do you think?
    better or worse???

Member #
    I really like the layout, but just a tiny suggestion. Although generally it's assumed that $ prices are in USD, you might want to specify. Just my 2cents really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads