Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey WDF users,
    i've updated my college house website and wanted to know what you think! so here it is - http://bradgate.aesthetic-design.co.uk/
    I hope you like it, any constructive critisism welcome
    Solidgold

Member #
    All of the headlines overlap their paragraphs. When I click on some of the links, I end up at the awardspace.co.uk website. I guess that this is a school's website, though it doesn't look like what you would expect out of a school website (that isn't a bad thing). I'm not really sure what else to say.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Usual stuff about bloated code thanks to Dreamweaver's design view...a lot of pointless empty paragraphs too, with different classes :S

Other than that, the titles are all out of alignment. I assume they're supposed to be underlined. They aren't, they're all over the place.

It's fullscreen with no fluidity at all. People who don't use 1024x768 will need to scroll horizontally.

The fixed background. Please get rid of it, it doesn't look good and it's disorientating when you scroll. The background should scroll along with the text.

The calendar. What use is it when it links to the same page on the current day? I assume it'll have some use soon enough, but at the moment it's a waste.

Link highlights. Dark pink background with light pink text. Barely readable.

Finally, consider switching the two backgrounds around. Have solid grey for the content bit, and the stripes for the header background.

Design wise it doesn't look all that bad - well it won't be with improvement, but it's not optimised at all, it isn't flexible, and it's still flawed.

If someone else looked at the code, they'd delete the lot and start again. It's impossible to look back on and know what does what. It's not semantic.

Again this is mainly criticism, but with most of the sites you've posted there's been no change at all. I seriously suggest you start learning XHTML and CSS so you can code by hand. Granted, you have to start somewhere, and you've got a good mind for layouts (far better than my first attempts, and I did the same thing you did). It's just implementing them well.

Member #
    Hmmm... I thought that your site would have a worser rating, sorry! Just had to say that... I guess you did it in dreamweaver design view? If not then something is seriously wrong with your css... like above all stuff overlaps e.t.c.

go over all your code and it could look nice, because the colors are ok, also please change the background image, as it clashes with your text and sends my eyes dodgy lol!

Good Luck.

Member #
    ok thanks for the advice, you have any good xhtml and css tutorials that i can use?

Member #
    Here is a thread that may help. You can also use the search feature above, and search for CSS tutorials and several threads pop up that include plenty of links to good CSS tutorials.

Good Luck.

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Google is also your friend.

Member #
    right, thanks a lot!
    solidgold

Remove Ads