Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've just begun working on a class project website about "Medieval Castles," and would like some feedback on the template of the site. It's just a single page with no content yet, but I would like to know if I am headed in the right direction before I continue. Thanks a lot for your helpful feedback.

URL: http://www.geoffmyers.net/castles/

P.S. I understand that since there is no content yet, it makes it much more difficult to review since it really isn't complete. But I'm just trying to get a general idea first - the project is due in 2 weeks, so I've got time to perfect it.

Member #
    What browser did you preview it in?

I had a quick peek in firefox and IE6, and in IE the rollovers on the links go "static" kind of, and also, at the bottom of the screen in IE, there is a black horizontal strip.

And the background (the gradient on either side of the content) is not present for me in IE.

I think it will look good once the proper content comes up, especially if imageswill be among the main body text.

Member #
    Its clean and simple, its not going to win any awards but it certainly does get the job done.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    Its clean and simple, its not going to win any awards but it certainly does get the job done.
    I was wondering if you had any suggestions to make it a little more interesting of a design (besides adding the content). Thanks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    What browser did you preview it in?

I had a quick peek in firefox and IE6, and in IE the rollovers on the links go "static" kind of, and also, at the bottom of the screen in IE, there is a black horizontal strip.

And the background (the gradient on either side of the content) is not present for me in IE.

I think it will look good once the proper content comes up, especially if imageswill be among the main body text.
    I have only tested the site in Apple Safari so far, so I'm sure there are browser compatibility issues in IE6... I'm using PNGs for my images (with transparency), so Internet Explorer 6 isn't going to display them properly without a hack/fix (which I will get around to applying). Thanks for the helpful info!

Remove Ads