Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Good day people, this is my first post so I would want to hear what people think about the website that I created. Please help me in improving it... thanks its at http://www.bukayo.tk

Member #
    It's a good start, some of the graphics are ok, but there are some problems. I'll list a few:

1. Your banner is tiling. You've set it to be the background of your top cell, and my resolution is larger than the image, so it's repeating.

2. The first block of text is hard to read (IMO), partially because the flashing banner you have (annoying on it's own) is covering up part of the text.

3. There's a lot of blank space near the top, although you may have plans on fixing that already.

I included a screen shot to show you what your page looks like to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I agree with Splufdaddy....The Banner is repeating - Most everything else seems fine. Try using ColorMatch to produce a more eye friendly site

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Aside from Spluf's comments, I have some further points:

I dislike the colors (pastels have never been my favorite). If you insist on using them, you should look for sites or graphics that use them effectively and try to mimic their treatment.

I don't like the logo. It looks like a funky font that came with a $5 fonts CD from Office Depot. It's difficult to read and doesn't really symbolize anything. I suggest that either you design a logo, or have one designed for you, or just axe it altogether and just use text (in a SIMPLE font).

I don't like the navigation. The buttons are big, ugly, and don't really fit into the context of the rest of the site. What is their purpose? How do they convey what you're trying to say with this sie?

You're using frames... why? Do frames add any functionality to your site that you wouldn't get with normal pages? This looks like an informational site to me, in which case frames are for the most part pointless. In fact, they reduce the usability of the site.

What is Bukayo? You provide a description at the top (hard to read), but you don't show us any photos of Bukayo or coconuts, or anything for that matter. Your site doesn't convey what Bukayo IS. It really has nothing to do with Bukayo at all.

All in all, I think this site sadly has no direction. You apparently didn't think Bukayo was interesting enough to create a website about, so you made some generic pastel page with text about Bukayo. My suggestion is that you think more about the poor neglected Bukayo and redesign this thing from scratch. Start on paper, or some other medium that you're comfortable with, and then transfer your design to the web.

Member #
    I'm sorry that you didn't quite relate to the bukayo thing. Perhaps because its really a Filipino thing and the website is really intended for the Filipino audience. Anyway, I really think you didn't quite understand the symbolism of the Bukayo. The website does not in any way pertain to the actual bukayo but it was really use to symbolize another thing which was very well discussed in the Why the Bukayo part of the page which I assume you didn't check. I also respect the fact that we don't share the same taste with pastel colors but I'll try and see what I can do with the "big" and "ugly" icons. All in all thanks for the comment anyway

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    If the website is intended for a Filipino audience only, and not an International one, then I could really be 100% off and not know it, because I'm not Filipino. Never been to the Phillipines. Don't know anything of your culture, your foods, or your tastes.

That said, you probably should have prefaced your post with "I want opinions from Filipinos who like pastels and frames" instead of
    I want to hear what people think about the website that I created.
    I think my critique was fair, if completely negative. Just realize that its intent is not to offend you, but to assist you in improving your site (or at least giving you well-rounded feedback so you can use it in your marketing strategy). Not everyone will like your design. That's the nature of the beast.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Personally, the colors aren't too bad, just remind me of the 60's. I've gotta admint, i don't get the bukayo thing either, but then again the readers of that site probably will. One thing though, the "Ang Munting Bukayo" flashing pic is annoying. Personally, if you really like it, I'd have it flash through the various color versions of the phrase once, then stay with one version.

By the way, you are 1 lucky guy, that beach looks awesome!!!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads