Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

We're currently in the process of redeploying an online store for spas and hottubs and so on at www.partypools.com We're looking for feedback and suggestions from people who know what they're talking about so I though this may be a good place to post. I really hope someone will take the time to give me a little input on this; I would appreciate it very much. Thank you!

Mark Lehman

Member #
    The visual design is very good. Flash doesn't overpower the message. Color scheme is nice. Navigation seems fairly usable, hitting the likely user tasks.

Where you lost me was content. The About Us really isn't about explaining why the customer should buy from you, not competitors. Brand names don't mean much, and you don't go into user objectives for sorting through the product line.

What is the difference between a spa, hot tub Jacuzzi and whirlpool?

How heavy are spas? Will my existing flooring support one?

How should I shop for my spa ?

How energy efficient is the spa compared with other models? Is there energy usage data to estimate your monthly cost of operation?

If I were a newbie salesperson and couldn't address this during my talk with prospects, and without having them have to ask, you would fire me my first day. Yet web sites squeak by with horrendous performance like this all the time. If it isn't on the site, why expect the requested materials will be better?

For that matter why on earth should I get spammed by requesting "educational materials?" Why not invest in an extra p tag and explain you're going to get a comparison chart, have all the questions above answered, and be notified of any specials or sales?

The site looks good, but fails to inform. While there is some basic navigation -- the user is left to fend for themselves in a sea of product features and price data. It is unclear what you'll do with requrests or whether the materials will suffer from the information underload the rest of the site does. It fails to handle likely objections before they come up, nor does it provide a call to action or urgency -- basic copywriting gaffs. We're not talking about high-pressure sales stuff here, the site doesn't promise or even hint at basic information. It's like the high-tech equivalent of junk food.

Member #
    i thought that the color choice was alright, didn't really wow me, but looked funtional enough.

also i think yoou could do some thing will the links (VIEW OUR HOT TUBS, etc)at the top to make them clearer also i think it would look better if you swapped those links about with the cart, acct, checkout links

looks good other than that :-D

just my opinion tho

Remove Ads