Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm trying to speed up the time it takes for the pages of my site to load.

Someone suggested I compress all my pictures on my site...I've never done this before and have no clue how it's done...though I did download a program ...i'm not sure how to use it...

Additionally, most of the pictures on my site that are part of the articles (and the youtube video, obviously) are syndicated content residing somewhere else...so I can't really alter their code or compress their pics..

Without changing the look and operation of my site, are there any other measures I can take to speed up the load time of my pages for my site's visitors? Thank you.

I don't want to lose what my site does...but I do want to make it easier for as many people as I can to browse quicker...

Member #
    In looking at your code, my first inclination is the bulk is coming through the RSS. Which kind of puts you in a pickle because, as you mentioned and we all know, you can't really change that.

Have you looked into getting more bandwidth?

Can you save local (optimized) copies of the images from the RSS and use them instead? Are you capable/willing to write a script to import the RSS, clean it up and spit it out in a less bulky manner?

Maybe I missed the mark, and someone else has more promising info :-/
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    In looking at your code, my first inclination is the bulk is coming through the RSS. Which kind of puts you in a pickle because, as you mentioned and we all know, you can't really change that.
    well, I can control the number of articles displayed on each page but wouldn't that hurt my search engine traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    Have you looked into getting more bandwidth?
    Getting more bandwidth will make my pages load faster for visitors? Sorry for my ignorance...I'm not really too knowledgable on bandwidth.

Anyway...was my site a little slow loading for you?

Member #
    You can try using SnappyJ from getsnappy.com It is freeware. Uses javascript to run objects behind the scenes without need to reload page when objects reload. Might help

Member #
    One suggestion that I would do is limit the number of videos on the page. If that does not help then see if you can get your bandwidth upped.

Remove Ads