Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Steve and I have designed a new website.
    GHQ.com http://www.ghq.com
    It is now in a public beta phase. The site is live and may be used by everybody in the community. A summary of the facility is as follows: "GHQ.com is an online facility that enables families and friends to post and view birth and wedding announcements, birthday greetings and congratulations on the web. If you are having a wedding in London you can post it on GHQ.com and it will be immediately displayed from Sydney to New York. All your friends can immediately see the notice and post their congratulations."
    We would be really grateful for any feedback that the community might have. Thank you for looking at the site.
    Thank you.

Member #
    First question: Do we know Steve?

First question about the site: If I'm in London and I post something about an upcoming wedding, how are you contacting my friends in Sydney?

Most of my questions are on the function/how does it work side:
    - If someone replies, does it show up for everyone to see or do I get a private email?
    - Why 20 characters... "congrats!" that's only 9
    - More information about how to search would be good.
    - What does CHQ stand for (like the logo btw)
    - Anniversaries, Graduations, Memorial services, Engagements, Adoptions, Promotions, Bar Mitzvahs ???

As far as layout, it feel like it should be centered. There is also no clear navigation area.

Currently there is no content, it's all instructions. Maybe show the most recent posts, and allow people to narrow the list by search criteria. The search itself (after I've now dug out the instructions) could practically be done with check boxes and associated text boxes for family name or city/country ("location") etc. This would remove the need for instructions too.

Good luck
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Shani,

Thank you for your feedback. The answers to your questions are.

London question.
    If you post in London, it is immediately displayed in Sydney. If they search for your location and name i.e. 'London Shani'. Your announcement will be displayed.

Other questions.
    - replies show up for everyone. You can bookmark your announcement page and check for replies daily.
    - 20 characters are just a small tool for eliminating graffiti
    - Search is just like a google search. You enter your search terms, say 'Wedding New York' and simply click on search.
    - GHQ is the brand. GHQ.com is a memorable name thats suitable for a wide public audience.
    - We would like to get the Birth and Weddings going first.

Content
    There is content on the site. Please try a search for say "London" or "New York" or "Dublin"
    The three navigation bars.
    Births - Weddings - Birthdays
    show the most recent posts.

Thank you for your feedback I can see many critical areas in which we need to make improvements.

Remove Ads