Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

greetings guys and girls

have been working on this site for a while now. It's fairly simple as i'm pretty new to dreamweaver. Feel free to give me some creative criticism.

note that there is 2 sections; one just html, and one flash.

cheers

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Not bad ...

I really like that image you have as a header and background. But the flow of the content doesn't follow the flow of the image.

I mean ... you have this really great banner but the content is just ... there ...

Just needs a bit more work I think.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    There are good ways to use anchors, and then there's this way. The top part of your site look really appealing. The graphics are nice, but the navigation is awkward. The content is just a big blob though. If you insist on using anchors instead of separate pages, try to make each block of content really distinct. The vertical line that connects all of them on the left isn't helping. Maybe make it stop at the end of each section with a gap before the next one. And provide links to the top of the document if the navigation isn't going to always be there on the side.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I agree,

initially the site looks realy nice and then you try to navigate within it. If i were you id place each peice of content on a seperate page.

Member #
    I agree with the rest of the comments. The header/background image ROCKS! But, to put everything on one page... come on, break it up.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    I appreciate the feed back and will definitely take it all on board. Especially eddy for offering a solution. For the record I agree with you all, i made the background image a while before i made the rest of the site and it was a real battle to figure out a way to make the html text fit in with the organic flow of the image.

Originally i was going to use this background "http://www.dgdvproductions.com.au/" and am kicking myself for not doing it. But... oh well you live you learn, the only way is forward

Thanks for taking the time guys.

Member #
    Why kick yourself for not using that background. Everyone here, so far, likes the current background. The biggest complaint is that using anchors for the navigation, rather than making more than one page, sucks.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads