Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone,
    Iím Marcus a student that runs a TV news station in CT. I run the news site and I would like critiques of what to improve. 1 thing is the flash "top headlines". I will remake it every few weeks, and I was about to remake it when I wanted some design tips. I am keeping the concept no matter what design. Also comment on the general site...or anything. By the way Geoff Myers referred me to this site!
    Marcus

Member #
    I would actually totally get rid of the Flash headlines. It's repetitive of the actual articles below.

I am temporarily hosting Marcus' news site (powered by WordPress). Besides the hosting, I am not affiliated with the site.

Member #
    1. The 24News logo is pixelated, and could be better.

2. I have no idea where you are located, so how do I know if I could watch your news cast or not?

3. I would Photoshop the "GAP" off of the one guy's sweatshirt.

4. You need a title for your page.

5. The blue stripe under the main banner needs to be shifted right 1 or 2 px.

6. You should describe what one is opening or closing by clicking that link.

7. I would move the category titles in the "Open/Close" section over a space or two so that they don't over lap other categories.

8. If you are going to use stock photos, pay to use them so that you get them without the watermark.

9. I would change the background color of the main banner, because the people in it all have black/dark hair, and 2 of the 3 are wearing black/dark jackets, and they disappear.

Good luck with your site!
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    I agree with all of Chris's suggestions.

Remove Ads