Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Can somebody give me some constructive critisism on my new style for my phpBB forum
    http://digitalvision.customcomputerservices.co.uk
    Phil
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It just so happens that alistapart just did a fantastic article on creating a forum that I think would greatly help you in how you are approaching your forum.

How to Be a Great Host

Aside from that I feel that the style of your forum is rather generic. The green is very overbearing. Judging from your avatar, membername, .co.uk TDL, and all the green I would assume you are from Ireland. I mention that because, judging from the green all over your site, it seems like you want to carry that over into your forum but I think you can do a much better job. Earthy tones like tans and light browns, go well with some greens and are much easier on the eyes and would give a much better representation of what i think you are trying to accomplish. Consider jumping in the code and altering templates and change the look of the forum so it will not look so generic. Try to find a hook or angle that would help convince users to use your forum, dont try to be so general you will just end up spinning your tires.

Member #
    Yeah too much green, i don't like the top image.

The category titles seem to have a vertical line on them which doesn't extend down the forum names. That looks a little off.

Also i think you could make some more interesting post indicators as opposed to the default ones.

glyakk thanks for that link, i need to develop a forum in the coming the weeks and this will be a great deal of help.

Member #
    Thanks for your input and I value it very much as I am only 15 and have alot to learn. I will your advice into consideration and have play around with templates and colours. Oh yea BTW im not irish

Phil
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    A forum about forums:

www.theadminzone.com
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    You changed it... unfortunately i had an orange version of that skin for my clan forum.

Also you might want to pull out a few forums, i think that it would be difficult for a community to grow when its members are so fragmented.

Member #
    Ok made a few changes.. new template better colours and new animated header. What do Y'all think now. Which forums do you think should be removed
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Much better but it's one of those templates that many others use. At least the logo works with the colors

Member #
    Yea I though that but im gonna make a fair few changes over the next week or so to make it a bit different
    Regards Phil,

Remove Ads