Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of feedback on the following design. Please be as honest as possible, i always welcome both positive and negative feedback as i believe negative feedback is just as good as positive, let me know anything you do and do not like, color scheme, layout, improvements etc etc

http://www.onlinegaming4u.co.uk/

cheers in advance:nervous:

Member #
    I had a look at it earlier and couldn't find anything to say on it, after a few hours i still don't get it. The design is nice. Firefox's adblock plugin destroys your links to the gambling sites.

Am i right in thinking that this is like a portal site. I like the design but i feel like i am missing something.

Member #
    yeah the general idea is kind of portal based, with links to legit gambling sites, however, i am working on a few other sections to expand the site content such as articles etc

i am primarily looking for feedback on the layout, design, color scheme and content, from what you have said there already it's helped, because i now know that i need to make it more clear on the home page as to what the site is lol :nervous:

Member #
    yeah i like the design, it loads ok and displays great in Firefox. I do think its a bit light on content. Instead of just links perhaps you could review the sites. Alternatively have some articles on poker or good online gambling practices.

Having one of these things would make your site 10 times better. I am not a fan of portal sites, i prefer Google as opposed to allowing a site to shortlist a few web pages. Now if this portal page contains some info on what i am looking for as well as some links then its a good site.

Also you might want to allow comments or users to post ratings on the sites you advertise. That to would take you site up a level.

Member #
    not bad, but it is very similar to every other gambling site i've ever seen, not saying that this will be negative for your site and could possibly even be a benefit, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, it is practically undifferentiable from other gambling sites i've been on

Member #
    Nice design, clean looking. But I would get a watermark background - in place of the gray. Still good though. I would also back off on the image links, and for me (on dial-up), it takes forever to load. Just a thought

Member #
    thanks folks, some good comments for me to think about there, much appreciated for taking the time out to comment

Remove Ads