Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: It's [A]live

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've been working on this site off and on for quite a while now. It's still not completely done, but I have a lot of work next week and have been wanting to make this site live for a loooong time because in comparison to the old -- The new one, IMO is amazing and MUCH better for accessibility, SEO, and definitely, more aesthetically pleasing.

Take a look. I'm still looking for criticism and such so have at it!

The website is: http://yaxnet.com/
    You can see the old version at: http://yaxnet.com/old

Thanks everybody for your many site reviews and help with this one. This forum has been a lot of help!

Member #
    hehe -- rating but no review/critique(?)

Member #
    big improvment! but ooks like, well dare i say it, ...... web 2.0 overboard, sorry.

too many mirror effects and star button, imo

would suggets getting rid of a few of the effects, like the color scheme, good choice!

still a bit undecided on the portfolio gallery page thing, think i like it but not sure if i feel its a bit too much..... anyway just ignore my thoughts on that point.

looks good, couple of warnings being shown in my firefox extention but not big probs

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff
    big improvment! but ooks like, well dare i say it, ...... web 2.0 overboard, sorry.

too many mirror effects and star button, imo

would suggets getting rid of a few of the effects, like the color scheme, good choice!

still a bit undecided on the portfolio gallery page thing, think i like it but not sure if i feel its a bit too much..... anyway just ignore my thoughts on that point.

looks good, couple of warnings being shown in my firefox extention but not big probs
    Thanks for the reply! Web 2.0 overboard, eh?

What's a star button?

I think the warning you are seeing on the portfolio page are because of the notice saying the portfolio is offline. That won't be there much longer so all will be well soon.

Member #
    cool, didn't think the warning were really that big a deal

What's a star button?
    the star image on the home page that says 'all new' (i'd also not that the trype isn't too readable on that image.

web 2.0 overboard, imo. i mean i just seems to me that the standards of 'this supposed trend/style/whatever u call it' seem really obvious here. like the mirror effect on lots of the images seems a bit overboard and there seems to be a fair bit of that glassy look to quite a few images.

Not nessesarily a bad thing, just imo i would say a more subtle approach would be better

Member #
    I see what you mean. I always referred to the 'star button' as a rosette.

The only effects that have the mirror effects are the logo, navigation, and a bar across the bottom. The rest have shadows, but I see what you mean. Some of the site elements are a little overtly glossy, I know, but that is what I was going for -- To be honest, though they turned out a little more glossy that I had expected on some monitors.

Thanks again!

Member #
    You fixed the problems I had listed on your last thread.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by -chris-
    You fixed the problems I had listed on your last thread.
    Yeah, that took about 30 seconds. I actually had made the change after I posted shortly before you posted... I missed a semicolon in the css file when I was editing.

Thanks.

Remove Ads