Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

UPDATE (1/28/07): new layout, need some feedback

http://www.backcountryboarders.com

Hey, just made my first "real" website, looking for some feedback. It's meant to be an all-encompasing snowboarding site, and it has a social network on it as well. You'll have to register to be able to take full advantage of the site's features, I tried to make registration easy, but you don't have to...

I'm mostly looking for the answer to: why wouldn't a snowboarder register on this site? Mostly trying to get people to come to it, but it's hard when it looks "empty" and there is no activity, any tips?

Anyways, looking for any type of feedback at all: missing features, technical errors, design and usability issues, just tell me what's bad

- thanks!

Member #
    Hmmm it's nicely made, but some spaces make the place look empty, suppose thats because it's new or in beta. Other than that, seems good to me. Good job

Member #
    The image in your header is too much to the left. It drags your attention to far to the left and makes the site feel awkward.

The log-in box doesn't look right and the search box seems out of place. Finally why is the top image black and orange while the rest of the site seems to have a blue colour scheme?

Member #
    i think it suits the purpose of the site with the black and orange colors in there but i think generally it looks a bit too plain as there is too much white at the bottom of the site and around the center area,

if i was designing it i would center everything so it is a bit more proportional and make the login box blend in with the site more rather than stuck out on the top right hand corner

Member #
    ok, I made some changes, let me know what you think

Member #
    well the color scheme flows a bit better now. would suggest taking out any of the blodish blue and stick to slightly lighteer shades of blue.

in IE6 (in work so thats all i can view it in) i can see your header has a margin on the left. looks strange/out of place in my opinion

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff
    well the color scheme flows a bit better now. would suggest taking out any of the blodish blue and stick to slightly lighteer shades of blue.

in IE6 (in work so thats all i can view it in) i can see your header has a margin on the left. looks strange/out of place in my opinion
    ok, made those changes, the margin did look a little weird

Member #
    What you have done has greatly improved the site, i still feel that the log-in box is out of place and doesn't quite fit.

Perhaps you could put the search box above the log-in box then extend the orange line of your banner over the search box. This i feel would bring your page together.

Member #
    Fixed a few things, search box fits in better, made registration and login pages much simpler (registration is a snap now!).

Member #
    Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but I made some changes and would like some more opinions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads