Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just wanted some constructive critism on what I've created :bandit:

Member #
    I like it, it's really simple but nice. The header is really nice, some nice artowrk as well

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A bit too much Flash for my tastes (and in places where Flash is unnecessary). Nice overall, though.

Member #
    Not bad, I agree that the header is good.
    I'm not sure about the gradient nav bar, but still the site is a nice look overall.

Some things that stood out:

1) Your photography, animation and web design pages should have thumbnails like your artwork. I don't like clicking on a blank item (even if you have text pop up), the picture thumbnails (as on your artwork) are a good teaser to get someone to look.
    2) Speaking of clicking on stuff. Your CV link opens up a PDF with no explanation. Some people won't even know what CV means and when they do click on it, will get frustrated that a PDF is downloading...........revealing your resume
    3) Your contact link is a hotmail account. You really should have a form based contact page and use a branded email and not a free webmail account.
    Gives you more of a professional approach and look.

Clicking on the links, I noticed the only things in your portfolio seem to be other sites you manage/own or are involved in.
    If this is the extent of your portfolio, you should work on getting some more on there, even if they are demos.

Lastly, I looked at the You Tube video of the unicycling, very cool stuff........so you do have some stuff on your site that is different, but if this is a design site, make sure you give that priority. Move the journal to the end of your links and not make it one of the first ones.

Anyway, I liked your site. I hope the information above helps.
    Good luck with your site........
    GMan

Member #
    Ah, home, sweet home, i love 'urban' snaps of the UK. I agree that there is simply too much flash which could easily be replaced with javascript to reduce the loading times and most search engines prefer your site if its got content in the standard text format rather than flash (some cant even see flash)
    best of luck,
    solidgold

Member #
    agreed, too much flash and you should really have some sort of thumbnail so ppl know what their clicking on when looking at you web sites

other than that, i like it

Member #
    Cheers for feedback I had considered getting rid of the flash and just have any work pop up in new windows instead after clicking on thumbnail images

Member #
    i would think that pop up windows aren't the cest idea either. you could use the lightbox solution. or something similar?

Member #
    That is nice yeah I like that idea cheers

Member #
    Yeah, i think lightbox is probably the best thing to use for a portfolio site such as this and will greatly improve your current website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads