Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I feel bad for making another thread for this, but yeah... I did. *hides*

http://www33.brinkster.com/ao11/index1111.htm

I changed up my site a bit and implemented (i think all) of what you told me to improve on from the last time i posted.

there is no content on the site ;(

oh, and the writing at the top (elite.tr) is just example writing, when i get my domain i'll change it to whatever the domain is. also, it's in ms square head font, so because some browsers probably don't support it i might have to make it into a gif. tell me what you think.

i tried to make the page so you didn't have to scroll, in my opinion it just makes it 50x easier to read.

oi, im having a problem with getting the text to have a space on the right side of the content table. i can do it on the left side but i have no clue how to do it on both sides. help with that would be awesome.

thanks again, you guys rock. i've learned so much from justu browsing these forums; it's unbelieveable. *giant smile*

Member #
    To give your content some room, give it a few pixels of cellpadding:
    Code:
    <table width="750" height="300" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0">
    As for design comments, I like the images you've chosen, but once you get your domain, I'd make a header and center your name over the site. A simple image with writing somewhere on it would fit nicely, because you have images elsewhere on the site too.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What splufdaddy said. Go with some sort of gradient or fairly indistinct pattern along with your name at the top. It looks naked the other way. Make sure that when you do it, the width of the graphic equals the width of your site too. It just looks goofy when it doesn't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    YES, I agree with Game, making the graphic the width of the site is important IMO. It's exactly what I was thinking (but did not type) as I posted.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Sure you were, buddy. You just want credit for my incomparable genius.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I meant to type that in my last post. I'm just taking credit for Game's incomparable genius

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    heh I knew it.

Member #
    Also if your page has a lots of text you should align justify, that should make your page better:
    Code:
    <td align="justify">
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    slightly updated.

Member #
    Slightly updated, but very noticeable. The extra room you gave your text makes it look much better (and easier to read too). It looks good now, but a few more pixels of padding wouldn't hurt (IMO). Or you could leave as is, not a big deal.

Remove Ads