Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone,

I've just started designing my website and just wanted some feedback on the site design and visuals. Please note that half of the links are broken, this review is more about navigation, layout and visuals.

Thansk for your input.

Member #
    I like it, i have 2 suggestions though.

Firstly i don't like the gradient behind this text

My name is Liam Mclaney and I am a web designer/Graphic designer. My site is work in progress so I am sorry for any broken links.
    The only other thing i can find to fault it is that your menu jumps around when you change pages. It would be better if your links stayed in the same order throughout your site

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It's not valid markup, even though you have the W3C logo: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...mclaney.com%2F
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Basically, I like the site. It is attractively done. What I don't like is that the links on the right side can't be accessed by clicking on the picture. I instinctively click there rather than on the little text link beside the picture at the bottom of the text you have written. Also, when I click on the link to your portfolio, the links don't work (maybe you haven't implemented them yet?):
    http://www.liammclaney.com/Logos.html and http://www.liammclaney.com/pixel-perfection.html

--------------------------
    phoenix

Member #
    hi,

Thanks for your comments and I will try and implement your suggestions. Il repost when my site is updated and completed.

Thanks

Member #
    it takes a while to load but it is nice and simple imo, although i think there's a little too more plain white space and you could do with changing the bg or bg of the cotnent areas to something else so it's not too much

i like the navigation though and the color scheme works well (apart from the white)

nice work

Remove Ads