Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Finished off this design last week - it's not a professional project but it's one of my personal sites. Works in Firefox 2 and IE 6. It's coded in xHTML and CSS. I know the counter on the main page looks really crap but I kept it because it makes the site look good (in terms of hits) .

I guess that's it. Any design/coding pointers appreciated.

Cheers
    MaidenFan

Member #
    I like it, its clean and classy, i can't help but feel you could do more with your navigation. What that more is though i don't know.

Member #
    i like the simplicty of the navigation menu but i think it could do with a little bit of work

the site itself is basic but works well and the color scheme and design suits the style / theme of the site, i like the way you have the both corners top left and bottom right also

good work

Member #
    The Good
    The site's not bad. I like the background image for the content section and the images both top and bottom of the page.

I like the way you've laid out pictures on the site.

The Bad
    The "We Will Rock You" text in the top image is in an odd font. It doesn't make me feel like rockin'. Go here and try finding a better suited font for that text. Since I'm on the topic of that image, I think you should try losing the drop shadow on that text or make the WWRY logo to the right have a similar drop shadow. As it is, one has a drop shadow and the other is buttonized.

You're using CSS and even have a seperate class for NAV but you're not taking advantage of it. Make those NAV links react to my mouse. I'd like to see those links organized into some easy-to-use buttons with hover properties set for mouse-over effect.

The red headers and yellow links don't work for me. I'd suggest you take some time and devise a clear color scheme for the site. ACK! When I click on Reviews, suddenly some links rollover to blue and others don't. Make everything consistant.

You need to dress up those headers a little. Right now they are very bland.

Well done for a personal site.

Member #
    I know the counter on the main page looks really crap but I kept it because it makes the site look good (in terms of hits)
    i would still say to get rid of the counter even if it makes you site look popular. if its a good site ppl will stay because its good and not because they see a we counter at the bottom.

the navigation does need work, even if its just something simple like the text changing color when you hover over it?

other that that its simple and works well :thumbsup:

Member #
    You could do with some feedback from the links just so you know they are links, not everyone knows as mucg about the web as you and me and others using this forum, so a colour change and/or underline will just help them know its something they can click on.

Other than that all seems fine

Remove Ads