Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Keep in mind it is not quite finished. I still have some inconsistencies and pictures to change. I just want some constructive comments, so I know I am not the only one that thinks it looks good, haha.

Member #
    I would center the site first off.

The layout isn't bad, but it feels a bit generic. Maybe get some more color involved, or just use one shade of grey. the nav menu is cool.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    No. Sound. On. Anything.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    No. Sound. On. Anything.
    Do you mean remove the sound? I was thinking about doing that. I did want a sound that was as unannoying (if that is even a word) as possible.

Member #
    To be honest you don't need the flash, you aren't doing much with it and by deploying it you are stopping people from using tabbed browsing.

You need to work on your text

Saia's Web Designs (SWD for short) is a small web design business
    ran by freelance web designer: Joshua Saia. All sites created here,
    feature a great blend of color, usability, scalability, updatability and

provide a straight forward way of getting accross to your potential
    customer, what it is your business does, why they should pick you
    and a way for your potential customer to contact you with very
    little hassle as possible.
    Also increase the size of your content box and add more content. Why not make separate pages for each of your services? You offer hosting services but don't offer any information on it like cost, bandwidth etc. If you want to get customers you really need to provide some information on what you offer.

Member #
    Pretty much right on with all the comments.
    Also, on your nav bar, you should always put contacts last. Because you are a web designer, you want your services and portfolio before contacts.

Not that makes it gospel, but you should highlight your work before you have your contact info. Pretty standard stuff.

The banner, being in FL doesn't really do service to your site, and it is so simple with graphics and text, that you don't really need it.

It isn't a bad site, but it does need more graphic design elements to inspire a new customer to look at your site and want to use you.
    A customer should go to your site and should want their site to look as good as yours.

Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    i like the color scheme and simplicity of the layout but i'd get rid of the flash header, no need for it really with it only being as basic as it is,

i like the navigation menu it's basic but works well and stands out - easy to navigate

however, i'm not sure about the content area being so far away from the header and so much 'doing-nothing-space' around it

i'd also center the whole thing rather than it being aligned left

other than them points though, nice work so far

Member #
    Thank you for the comments people! I will work on everything you mentioned. I thought the same thing about the flash banner. I just kept seeing these professional templates all have flash banners with simple animation and thought that was the thing to do, haha.
    I`ve been having a hard time getting it centered because I am using layers. Does anybody have a quick fix to center a layer?

Member #
    it looks like every other 'web design' portfolio site i've ever seen, i agree about having NO SOUND EVER, i do like the mouseover effect in the link bar.

Remove Ads