Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone,

I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking you to review my web design, well I got bored of my site and decided to redisgn it. What do you think of my new design?

Please note that none of the links work and this is a work in progress so the site still needs changes.

Thank you all in advance for your help in making my website better.

Liam

Member #
    Its alright but its also a bit pick'n'mix with your use of images. The top one looks fine, then the navigation bit just doesnt suit being blurred neither do the headings and most of the other images. Just my opinion on them. Just a suggestion that you could put hovers on your image and text links

Member #
    really badly alighned in ie6, the nav bar doesn't look right to me (in ie6 that is)

took a while to load as well, defent start but i think you can make it a lot clearer in layout and use of images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey,

I really like the concept. But, in the nav bar, it seems like each item has a different size of text, and some of the text is stretched. I think that you should keep the text the same size for each nav element.

Oh same thing w/ Pixel Perfection, Organism, and Freelance - I think it would look better if the text was of the same size on all three buttons.

Also, it doesn't seem like you left very much space between the text in the nav, and the left edge of the button. Then there's tons of space between the right of the text in the nav and the right edge of the button. I think it should be the same amount of space all the way around the text (and definitely more space than there is to the left of the text).

Oh another thing is, I like how the edges of the site are blurry, but I wonder if it also may look good if you put a hard line around the site (inside the blur, and then have the blur around it, like a drop shadow)? I don't know if that made sense. But I was thinking like a light grey line.

Oh and another comment about the nav - I think it would look better if the buttons were not outlined, but were right next to each other with a vertical line between them (the blurry line, the one that's used to outline the buttons right now). So in other words, if you took out the top and bottom lines of the button, and only kept the side lines, but then put them RIGHT next to each other. Does that make sense?

Anyways... Just some ideas. But I think the whole concept itself is really nice!
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Well, I can't say I love the gray, it seems everyone and their mother is doing a grey or silver color scheme nowadays.

The concept needs a bit of work, as it doesn't necessarily feel like it comes together completely. Having said that though, I think your colored buttons are kinda cool, and it would be cool to see you expound a little more on those.

Good luck, I'm anxious to see what it looks like after a little more work, and with some added color.

And totally off topic, simpleurl, what is "pick'n'mix" (i'm thinking it means the same as "hit or miss" ?)
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Well english slang. Pick'n'Mix is like an assortment of random sweets.. So when I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleurl
    Its alright but its also a bit pick'n'mix with your use of images.
    I meant like the images are all different styles, like some are very blurred and others are shiny. I'll use standard dictionary words from now on lol.

Member #
    align it correctly and it'll be a very adequate site, a bit plain though...

Remove Ads