Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New Site Launch

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New Site Launched What do you think? http://www.tdevelopments.com

Member #
    I like the colours that are used very nice, easy to look at and presentable. Love the images used but there is some places you could have used text like the welcome image, free quote image and our services one. Other than that nice work

EDIT - 79 Validation Errors Looks ok in firefox 2.

Member #
    I like it, when it comes to webpages i like appearance and speed. Your site is quick and very nice to look at.

Its good, i would clear up those validation errors though, quite a few people are clocking on about standards compliant coding. Having a web design site which isn't compliant may put off some potential clients who have done their research about web design.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yes ... very nice. Colors are great. The only thing I'm not too sure about is your menu. I like the i'm-on-this-page state but the regular "buttons" I don't feel they match the "active" state. I think they would be nicer flat.

Another thing you might want to consider if spicing up that form. The design of the site is really nice but then you have a pretty bland form.

Otherwise ... good stuff!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I think the site is very good, however the text used for "welcome to translucent development", etc. is a bit hard to read. Additionally, the site was a bit slow to load, but since no one else had that problem it was probably something with my connection...

The site design is well done and easy to navigate, but I would have done the formatting with css instead of a table, improves the load time and accessibility.

-------------------------------------
    phoenix

Member #
    Like the site man. A few things though. The text is a little small, as are the icons on the left of the text.

Also, my only other issue with the layout is that there seems to be a huge empty space in the middle that is left completely unused. Instead of focusing on the content you have on the page, Im stuck staring at the photo and wondering if that was from a movie i'd seen. It just seems like you have some good stuff there, why not move it up to the middle of the page instead of hiding it down at the bottom.

Nice work though, good job on the background, looks awesome,
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Disclaimer: You are promoting yourself as a professional web designer, therefore you will be held to a higher standard.

The Good

Very pretty site.

Tbe Bad
    Tables? Seriously... You have a CSS sheet, use it.

No hover effects on links? See the above comment.

Your nav buttons are illegible when I view the site without styles.

Conclusions
    Someone is obviously a VERY good graphic artist, but a web designer they are not. As good as that site looks, the use of tables for layout, the lack of use of the existing CSS stylesheet, and no feedback from links all point to some very serious design issues.

I guess that the thing that is bothering me the most is the decision to make links invisible. This is one of the most basic rules of the web: make your navigation obvious and intuitive. Yours is neither.

Remove Ads