Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Kill Alice

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just seeing what I could do with flash, lots of personal experiments in there but seems to work ok.

Member #
    OK, i have looked at this thread a few times and to be honest i was waiting to see what other people make of it.

I am going to walk through it and tell you imo what is right/wrong.

Ok the load screen is good, it is only let down by the enter button which is pretty poor for a flash website.

So your "stage".. I think everything could be sharpened up and improved. This would greatly improve the look of your site.

The music... meh, each to their own taste i guess. I like the way you have an off button.

Now the main problem... your site is pointless... you can kill celebrities but why? I chopped Paris Hilton's head off 4 times... you don't record the times they are executed, its just pointless.

The first thing you should address is the point of the site. Why not have a pile of skulls that slowly grows each time someone is slain? That would give the site a point at least.

The second thing you should do is make everything flash. Most of your links take you to a html page... it just doesn't look good.

Finally improve the graphics on your stage.

Is nice to see a web site that isn't a forum every now and again but i think your site leaves quite a lot of room for improvement.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    OK, i have looked at this thread a few times and to be honest i was waiting to see what other people make of it.

I'm the same, i'm no flash guru so i was biding my time. can't really add too much to perads great review. I would suggest having a brief summary of the web site and what it does on the homepage just to give ppl a insight into what they will be doing.

i don't like the spiders web thing, just anoying if you ask me.

and finally, please remove elvis from the chop..... he's the king:-D

Member #
    this site scared me until i cried...
    not really, i can see the site has taken an intentionally 'scetchy' style, but as was said before, theres no real aim to it, killing celebs is all well and good, but only for the first time you do it, then the novelty wears off

Member #
    Hi Guys

Thanx for taking the time to have a look at my little site, the comments and ideas where very fair and useful i especially like the idea of a kill counter for the quillotine but i dont think my actionscript is up to the task yet, lol.

However i do think i have confused you all with the point of the site ( my fault )
    killalice is not a kill a celeb site it is in fact an Alice Cooper fan site designed for Alice fans the quillotine and other stuff on the stage are all props used by AC in his stage show and do have significance eg a major part of his show is when the Alice character loses his head to madame guillotine ( great show, check it out next year if Alice is in your area ) the celebs are there because AC does poke fun at the likes of Paris etc in his show. So the quillotine at killalice was just a bit of fun that i thought the fans might like but killalice also includes tour dates, album reviews etc ... that fans might find of interest.

Hope it all makes some sort of sense now, looking at it i guess people not familiar with Alice might find it a bit odd, lol.

Again thanx for the design tips and remember the Coop.

Remove Ads