Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Site Launch

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello!
    I have just released Frontline Tech Ver.2 and would like everyones opinion on how effective it is. It is currently running more than one javascript and hs fairly complex code. I will be adding much more content as time goes, and will be changing servers soon as well.

Thank you
    -Webmaster
    www.frontline-tech.com

Member #
    i don't persoanlly like the dotted blue bg that fades away. think it would look better as a plain color(or a slight gradient)

the nav needs some work, hard to notice at the bottom there and its prettty bland. i'm also not too into the logo, not sure if its the font u used or the ccolors but it ain't for me

Member #
    The pages take forever to load because of all of the images, and the fact that you used tables for layout rather than CSS.

How in the world is someone going to know that the flower is part of your nav? I just happened to notice it (on my second visit) when I moved my mouse over it, and noticed the little hand. I'm with Karloff on the background image. If you are going to use the gradient on the content container, go with the dots on the background. If you want the gradient on the background, stick with a solid container.

Back to the flower. It does nothing for me, it just don't look right on your site. Also, the logo is just boring... The "Frontline Technology" part could have been done with text, and the "Quality Web Design" is amazingly small.

There is a (approx.) 10px white line across the bottom of the page. The slideshow needs lots of work, the edges are choppy, and the shadow is uneven.

Last, there is no way to see what sites you have created, there are no links, or pictures either on your portfolio page.

Thats all... for now.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    You have 49 HTML validation errors, read about them here, and 6 CSS warnings, here.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Wow... that's very blue! (My boss would be laughing if he heard me say that.)

Any ways. Question: What are you selling on the site? The paypal stuff on the home page immediately makes me think this is a commerce site.

Internal pages: I like the idea of the rollovers, but it's not implemented well. They kind of jump from nowhere, and when I moved away from the flower (thanks for the tip -chris-), the image on top was whatever the last thing I touched. That confuses me when I want to know where I am especially because there are no other labels on the page.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You're using really, really, really old markup; something better suited for Netscape 4 than modern browsers.

Without commenting on the design itself, I would advocate ripping the entire thing apart and rebuilding again using semantic markup and style (CSS). You'll find out it's far easier to design, and even easier to maintain, if you get rid of all those tables and icky HTML attributes.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    preload the images in the sun flower mouseover bit, they took forever to load on my computer, considering what you're offering, this website is something of a let down -

'Frontline Technology is compromised of web designers who strive to achieve top quality in every website. We are constantly learning and attempting new techniques to keep ourselves on the Frontline.'

somebodies got a swollen head...

Member #
    wow this took 2 minutes to load. Have you ever heard of background: repeat x or y?

If you really need all those images make them repeat, and or compress them or delete some.
    :laugh:

Member #
    Kirby i think the problem is on your end if it took 2 minutes to load.

Member #
    yeah, it took practically no time to load for me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads