Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

After being in the awards and recognition business for many years, we've decided to take a big step in
    creating a site that is more SEO friendly, easier to use and shows thousands of awards off.
    Other than the "Custom Awards" section, which I'm still finishing, can I get some feedback on the rest of
    this site? I'd like feedback on the graphics, ease of use, design issues and anything that you think
    might be valuable to know. I'm looking for a critical eye and honest feedback.

The site:

http://www.awardsideas.com

Also, if you wouldn't mind checking out our other sites, that'd be wonderful too.

http://www.flexidisplay.com
    http://www.awarenessideas.com

Any and all feedback is welcome!

Thanks,

Denis A. Baldwin
    Marketing Manager
    Flexi Display Marketing
    denis@flexidisplay.com

Member #
    in the first website you should definately change the links at the top to mouseovers and scrap the use of tables for laying out your website, its not the done thing any more.
    also, instead of having all of those images actually in the website itself you could have a seperate catalogue section to the site.

Member #
    seems like a lot of graphic on your page tok a while to load, the 1st wasn't too bad, but the other 2 took me a while to load

the sites look ok, not mega impressed but the main prob is your code, get the firefox web developer tool and check your code. you've got about 150 warnings

Member #
    Welcome to the forums.

It's probably best if you request one review per thread, so we don't get confused.

The site definitely has good infrastructure, easy to use.

A few things on the results page: If there are honestly 400 images for a category, it will take forever to load. Also, it is difficult for a user to make distinctions with that many results. Next, there should be an indication of how many relevant hits, this is a basic standard in any search. And finally, there's an alignment issue with the last row, look.

Agreed that the main nav should have rollovers. But the way the site is currently structured: mapped image, will not allow you to do that.

Overall, the site is okay for now, but it looks like any editing and upgrading the site undergoes will be extremely cumbersome.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads