Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please check out my site design by my web design site. I might use splattered 01 as my new free web design name because kirby145x is just a placeholder
    :laugh:

Member #
    The link up there i could not edit and its wrong. You need to go to http://www.net.4uhost.info/splatter01/index.html sorry

Member #
    Hey! Here's what I think:

What I like: Very interesting design, and overall, I like it. The body text is easy to read, and it's easy to tell where one entry begins and another ends. Is your front page going to contain a blog?

I also like the background pattern behind your menu headers (eg "Navigation", "Links", etc).

Suggestions for improvement:
    1. Make your titles in the main body stand out a bit more. Right now, they are the exact same font, size and color, just bold. They sort of blend in with the body text. I would use a slightly larger font, maybe a different color. If you don't want to change the title font styles, try putting some more space between the titles and the text underneath them.

2. Put a little more space between the Latest News Box and the Welcome text. That will give it some room to breathe! Also, add more left padding to all of the body text. In the "posted by" text, add a little more right padding.

3. While I love your rollover gradient in the menus on the right, I'm not feeling the black/gray patterns behind the menu items. it's slightly distracting. Perhaps use just a single color? Maybe just black with a gray bottom border?

4. Finally, move the word "Feature" in the boxes in the right menu down and to the right just a tad, so it's not right up against the top left of the box. That's just my personal preference though, I like a lot of padding.

I could not validate your site...it kept giving me a 404 not found error? But I see you aren't using tables, so that's good!!

This is a promising template, just make those tweaks with the padding and get rid of (or soften) the gradients in the menu items and I think it'll look great.

Member #
    Thank you for your suggestions i will apply them. Also it wont validate the link at the top is wrong is why.

Remove Ads