Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

this is my first webpage i have put up on the net

its going to be a portfolio webpage, graphics will be replacing most of t he solid colors,
    and it will start looking nice tell me about my coding how i can do what i did easyer and basically tell me if the desing is any good!

http://www.brendanhart.com

Member #
    Very green, big and clunky(probably not the right word but you get what i mean).

As its your first site its not bad by first site standards. Theres definitely room for improvement.

The green definitely could and should be changed, even if it is to a different shade of green. Your logo could be redesigned, i am not over struck on it.

Your text could also be knocked down 1 or 2 sizes it just feels a bit too big. Finally your footer, i don't like the way it sticks to the bottom of the page and spans 3 lines. Shrink it to 1 line and bring it nearer to the content. remember that website hasn't got to span the whole screen.

Finally you are only 16, do you have content to put into all of these? VISUAL DESIGN | DIGITAL IMAGING | FLASH ANIMATIONS | DIGITAL VIDEO | WEB DESIGN. Empty pages are bad, if you don't have content for all of these have pages for the main things you are working on and put the rest in a page call misc or other.

Member #
    Um i got content its at school LOL, and i will be putting future work , that was just to show my design. I am keeping it that way for a while because this is the first time i have ever made a design full working all by myself without tables and used valid XHTML 1.0 and Css.

Is the use of iframes worth it? coz then i would only have to change the iframe and then adding content would be easyer coz all i would have to do is change the nav links/nav names once instead of changing them on each page.

Member #
    I agree that the green is harsh, and the logo needs L-O-V-E. Not a design comment, but copy edit the content.

I think the rollovers are only okay, I'd change the color of the text as well.

The LINKS and BLOG links are too close to the side, it makes it feel like there's a more on the right.

Not understanding why there is empty space between the header and content.

Code looks good, but there is a type (<p/>). And speaking of the <p> it would be better if you added padding-bottom to the content instead of having a slew of [minicode]<p>&nbsp;</p>[/minicode].

Quote Originally Posted by joofhart
    Is the use of iframes worth it? coz then i would only have to change the iframe and then adding content would be easyer coz all i would have to do is change the nav links/nav names once instead of changing them on each page.
    I would use an include. Search the forums, they vary depending on what kind of server you have.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads