Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello All,
    I am the owner/operator, as well as designer of an online art community called A Singular Creation. I have been constantly updating the site trying to make it better. When I first designed it, it was all graphics, because I didn't know any better. Now that I know the importance of engineering and SEO, I have made a bunch of changes. A few of the pages still need to be changed over, but I would still like your input.

best regards to all,
    Joe

Member #
    i have written a review twice now... each time i lost it when i accidentally navigated away... typical.

So hopefully third times the charm... in brief this time...

1) Its way to slow, slow sites = visitors getting bored and leaving. Find the case of the slowness and fix it.

2) The design is really dark. I never read the review post until i have loaded the website and when i first saw it i thought you was a shop selling witch/wicken items.

Thats about all i have to say on your site

Member #
    The first section of pictures overlaps the border. It more looks New Agey than Artsy. I would also incorporate some sort of description for the thumbnail sections so that visitors have some clue as to why those pieces are showcased on the home page.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Hey Chris,
    The first section of pictures overlaps what border? I checked in firfox and ie and it looks fine. Could you be more specific?
    thanks,
    Joe

Member #
    Check it out! I am using Opera, btw.

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    That's odd. There is no reason for it to be doing that. My code is sound. It may be a glitch in Opera, not supporting padding. But I am not really concerned with that. It may be very easy to fix. Not to mention, Opera is a very unused browser. I have read reports that only about 1% of all web users use Opera.
    Thanks for your reply,
    Joe

Member #
    Opera is standard compliant, but your page has 37 validation errors.

Member #
    I saw the 37 errors. 33 of them were google map links or other links to external events. The code google and Trumba use to permalink a location must not be compliant.

Member #
    The basic structure of the site is good, but I personally find the border running around the pictures very distracting, as well as the bright blue text. The artwork should be the center of attention, not all the extra colors and ornaments.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    phoenix

Remove Ads