Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

Building this site and feeling out the design side of things and bastardising some JS and flash functions where needed. The content is still to be written to a large extent, but the main area of content will come from the local DnB community. I'm going to be launching it early in the new year, gathering content from mid Jan once I have got the site design and function all worked out etc.

My focus was on a) keeping the design fairly simple to enable all the featured content to stand out, b) keep it functional when js / flash / css is turned off (not pretty, but it works) c) to attain a content delivery system that'd allow the content to come in without refreshing the page (flash music player you see) but still retain friendliness towards standards and those using screenreaders and the like.

And not a table in sight.

Let me know your opinions

http://dunedindrumnbass.123abc.co.nz

BTW - just noticed an odd error with the above link to my CSS validation - use the below link if you want... and anyone know what this parse error means? I dont have any display rules on line 30. And the validators lookin a bit new now

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...dunedindnb.css

Member #
    i think that colors looks too dull to suit that site...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think with a drum and bass site, you could afford to be a bit more colourful - graphics etc. etc. perhaps some of the time honoured pics of 1210's etc. that sort of thing - just a personal opinion though.
    It doesn't shout "Drum and Bass" to me.

Member #
    I really like the look of this but like the others I'm wondering about the colour scheme. The blue/grey is very relaxed and calm but to suit the subject I really think you should try to introduce some vivid exciting colours.

The only other minor gripe is the position of the tabs. With the music player below them it looks like the tabs change something on the music player, not the page in the main window.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Member #
    As a drummer, I also expected pics of bass' and drums, as well as vibrant colors.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    I hitnk you'll be able to add some color to the layout without steping out of the look and feeling you are triyng to get. Play around with it, you may come out with something you'll like yourself.
    Franklin de Leon
    www.fdvisions.com

Member #
    black backgrounds with bright contrasting colours are usually associated with music websites, just fyi

Remove Ads