Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

this project has been a success and it's led me to work with even more for-profit and non-profit clients, but I realize that I need to use this project as a jumping off point for doing up-to-date, professional work.

CSS and HTML 4.0 and XHTML validation are problems that I'm taking care of now. My major concerns are the way Flash is used on the website and how to create a more efficient online calendar.

On the homepage I have created a Flash interface, which comprises of a movie clips that load and unload to the main .swf whenever the visitor rolls over the menu. Also, there is a Flash text interface that uses externally loaded .txt file.

How can I make this page more Flash accessible (since that's a huge concern amongst designers) and is there an alternative way to code an externally loaded .txt file using AJAX, Ruby or other Web 2.0 technologies?

If you would please click on the link that says "Photo Gallery" you will be lead to a Flash photo gallery. It's very basic and I designed it before I knew anything about flickr and Web 2.0 photo galleries. It's a pain to upload jpgs to the gallery and I need to find a quicker, non-Flash alternative. My clients prefer not to use a photo service like Flickr, so I will need to create this myself! Any advice?

Finally, the calendar was a beast to create because I used a lot of CSS "divs" for the design. This is a sample of what the code look like:
    Code:
    <div id="WeekFour">
    <p>
    <div id="SUNDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">17<br><br></div></div>
    <div id="MONDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">18<br><br></div></div>
    <div id="TUESDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">19<br><br>BIBLE STUDY</div></div>
    <div id="WEDNESDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">20<br><br></div></div>
    <div id="THURSDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">21<br><br></div></div>
    <div id="FRIDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">22<br><br>BIBLE STUDY</div></div>
    <div id="SATURDAY"><div id="text" style="z-index: 1">23<br><br>FOOD PANTRY</div></div>
    </p>
    </div>
    I know there has to be an easier way to create a calendar but I've googled and searched opensourcecms to no avail.
    Thanks.

Member #
    Just a note; half of the street address is cut off from the banner at the top by the green bar below.
    Currently using: Firefox 1.5, IE 7, Notepad, Ms Paint, GIMP

Remove Ads