Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, I just released the new version of my website:

http://envisagecreations.com

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Best Regards,
    Luke

Member #
    Hi Luke,

The site is visually pleasing, so I won't waste time talking about the layout. But it's lacking in some web design basics, so let's chat about execution.

- Navigation
    - Content (mainly portfolio)
    - The on/off button always says "on" even if it's off.

There are three things wrong with the navigation:
    1- There is no central navigation.
    2- It's not intuitive (small hidden arrows in the portfolio, no submit button on the form, plain text "return" and the logo doesn't link back).
    3- It's not non-linear. The big difference of viewing on the web as opposed to a book or magazine, is that the user does not have to go in order, but on this site, the only way to get somewhere is to go back to the home page.

As far as content, there's not too much there, which is okay so long as the point comes across. In the portfolio section there are 0/0 in two categories. The first thing I see when I get there is a block of text that starts with the words "Unfortunately postponed." Since I'm web savvy I figured out it was a screenshot, and I managed to find the navigation, this is something to think about because my first inclination, was that there wasn't any content.

As far as sound, I'm not a big fan. At least it's unobtrusive.

Cheers
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply, Shani. This kind of stuff is incredibly useful, as after working on the site for a while it becomes very usable to me and I can lose track of what visitors may experience. I'll take something from all your points.

Member #
    I'd have to agree with all that. The navigation was kinda hard for me. I suppose the volume's supposed to use the slider instead of the button, huh? My personal dislike over full-flash is kind of fightning with my impressed views of your abilities. Overall I think it would make around a 7 out of 10. That -3 is from -2 UI problems, -1 from navigation problems.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Remove Ads