Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.2 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.2 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review new puerto vallarta fishing site
    www.puertovallartafish.com

Member #
    this website could do with a lot of work im afraid to say.
    firstly scrap the fish background; it just looks wrong and distracts from the main content, you should replace it with a plain white background.
    there is a lot of grammer and spelling errors also, which makes the website seem quite amateur (mainly in the navigation sections)
    the coding is old fashioned, the use of tables should be outlawed.
    the fish in the logo is pixelated and looks quite tacky.
    besides that it does work well in firefox

Member #
    I agree with solidgold. The site needs a lot of work.

When writing anything, use paragraphs. Transition from one subject to another this way rather than having one long run on paragraph.

Also there is way to much navigation for me. Top, Side, bottom.

The site loads very slowly (Firefox 2.0), maybe use a CSS for the navigation buttons isntead of images. There are plenty of free css based or jscript based navigation menus u can get on these forums or on others. The backgrounds seems to be huge file and might be what is slowing down as well. Or it could be any one of the other files on the main page. Is this locally hosted or through an ISP?

Work on your style sheet and maybe put it in a separate file instead of in the document itself.

I do like the top image for the header, maybe use those lines to play into the rest of your site.

Member #
    Holy mackeral, Batman, I don't know where to start.... So here goes nothing.

1. Lose the fish background.
    2. Fix the fish in the banner, and in the footer, they are both pixelated.
    3. Make the navigation more uniform.
    4. Use CSS, not tables.
    5. Name the pages properly.
    6. Use Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/GIMP/etc to shrink the pictures, so that they look better, but be careful that you don't shrink them so much that they look bad.
    7. Fix the spelling and grammar, throughout.
    8. Fix the photos so that the caption doesn't overlap the photo/text below it.
    9. Use ONE logo/banner for the whole site, rather than using a different one for each page, because now, it looks bad when you change pages, and the logo is noticably different on each page.

That should give you enough to work on for now, there are more issues, but are more nit-picky than these.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    thanks for all he feedback Im working on the site now and it should br done soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanyoungsma
    I agree with solidgold. The site needs a lot of work.

When writing anything, use paragraphs. Transition from one subject to another this way rather than having one long run on paragraph.

Also there is way to much navigation for me. Top, Side, bottom.

The site loads very slowly (Firefox 2.0), maybe use a CSS for the navigation buttons isntead of images. There are plenty of free css based or jscript based navigation menus u can get on these forums or on others. The backgrounds seems to be huge file and might be what is slowing down as well. Or it could be any one of the other files on the main page. Is this locally hosted or through an ISP?

Work on your style sheet and maybe put it in a separate file instead of in the document itself.

I do like the top image for the header, maybe use those lines to play into the rest of your site.

Member #
    It looks better now, but please modernize your site... Gosh, it doesn't even have a DOCTYPE!

And did you use, like, maximal quality for those images? They are dead slow to download.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    very dated, main content text is very hard to read with the image as the background. use a solid color for you background.

button are very slow loading and look really bad. all of the images are of bad qualtiy.

stick in there

Member #
    For personal site it is ok...don't stress yourself and have fun that is the most important thing in web design...unless you work for money...

Guys above pointed out all the errors but at the end even with so many errors in code and design I think it is refreshing to look at it :--) especially the big fish on front page...

Remove Ads