Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Good Morning,
    We recently finished the design of our business web site. We wanted a basic, clean and professional design w/ faster load times. I would like input on just the design, not the code. We have already had a soft launch, however the marketing will not begin on the 1st. I have tested the site on both IE and Firefox, and both seem to render the site fine.
    We will be adding more pages after we add more servers. Currently we have 10 dedicated servers for a good start. Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Member #
    It looks nice but its been done before and its not very unique and on he homepage it should be custom solution, not solutions
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    leprechaun13,
    Could you please be a bit more specific. We found a design that we liked ... then basically changed the layout, colors, graphics and made it our known. I honestly cannot tell you that there is much remaining from the original design. It seems to fulfill our goal of very basic, yet professional presence.
    Any additional input would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

PS: Fixed the typo, thank you!

Member #
    Its a nice design and all and fits very nicely with the Web Host theme, I feel the design and layout could be a bit more unique, but as you say it does look very professional. found another error on the homepage, where you have the paragraph of text in the DIV is there supposed to be a pale blue background
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    leprechaun13,
    Appreciate the reply. Hmmm .. I was thinking about adding a background outside of the main table. Perhaps horizonal lines ... something that would perhaps take the "boring" style of the site. Any Suggestions?

Best Regards

Member #
    Something outside the container would look much better as all of the white is too bright. Have a look at http://klm-cargo-server-clan.info/test to see the difference it can make. Diagonal line are also very good for this id suggest using grey for them.
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Thanks for the advice ... I have added a background ...

Best Regards

Member #
    The white line and shadow on the nav strip look chopped off. It is there on the thinner parts, but not under the text, and it looks like whoever did it made a mistake. The email clip-art looks cheapish. Since you are colorizing the logos at the bottom on :hover, I would just colorize them one at a time, it will make a bit more of an impact, plus you can link them to a page that describes what they are for those who have no idea about design/development. I would also consider using forms for contact to cut down on SPAM.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    I like the plans and I hope you are not overselling bandwidth like many other hosts...

Site is maybe bit too plain... I would work on full redesign of this site since in hosting business you want to look strong and professional and usually your site is the reflection of your business.

Member #
    As usual with business sites, give a few friendly faces and photos - they're small, and they show that your site is a serious one.

Tip #1: Give links on your breadcrumbs.
    Tip #2: I don't know if this is important, but crawler's can't index sites if you do what you did (using a Server-side language and including from files). I made this mistake earlier in my career, and found it a pain to fix, so try doing single-files early on.
    Tip #3: People dislike direct mailto: links. They're often spam-prone and people rarely use them anyway. I'd rather provide a contact form.
    Tip #4: Don't use a pop-up in the ordering page. Just list them there. And give a link to your domain pricing page there too (most likely you were planning to put that in the window, right?).
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads