Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.8 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Based off of ya'lls feedback, I redesigned my whole site.. now tell me what ya think.

wayne

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Nice ... very nice. I love the color scheme. Although I do find the background a tad distracting, it still pretty good.

Well done.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    Nice ... very nice. I love the color scheme. Although I do find the background a tad distracting, it still pretty good.

Well done.
    Thank you , How exactly does the background distract you?

thanks
    wayne

Member #
    Excellent work! I think that the background is too busy, with everything else that is going on. This is a vast improvement over the first two versions... and you didn't use Comic Sans this time!
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Looks good! Overall, site is enjoyable, colors contrasting, and very thematic.

Tip: On your http://www.ncgolfers.com/nc-golf-courses.php page, the list punches through the footer.

Try blurring, or lowering the contrast, or whatever your background. I think its just sunnier and busier than the rest of the site, even the header (which should be the color centerpiece of a site).

And those images... 363kb just for images. Try to cut down on that!
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    ok so i tried a new background... what ya think? still too busy?

wayne

Member #
    Excellent work! Yeah it looks much better now. The header is a background image, eh? Its large and can be slow to load... so it can give the impression of a blank header on slow connections. See if you can make it a standard image.

Tip: On your home page, at the bottom, the two gradient collumn things (a background image) on the sides have no effect to blend them into the footer. See if you can splat a small image there to make it look smoother. If this is unclear, umm... it's http://www.ncgolfers.com/images/welcometrim.jpg.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Ok, will work on it :laugh: ... I'm still piecing it together.:nervous:

wayne

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    Excellent work! Yeah it looks much better now. The header is a background image, eh? Its large and can be slow to load... so it can give the impression of a blank header on slow connections. See if you can make it a standard image.

Tip: On your home page, at the bottom, the two gradient collumn things (a background image) on the sides have no effect to blend them into the footer. See if you can splat a small image there to make it look smoother. If this is unclear, umm... it's http://www.ncgolfers.com/images/welcometrim.jpg.
    I don't know if i can make the header a standard image... because, those two pictures that are part of the header have to be standard images.

Member #
    Use absolute positioning then, for the two images... or combine them. Why do you want to split them, anyway?

And that header's over 200kb big. That has to be fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads