Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Guys,

I recently got sick of my plain design for the side company I run to get money for college. I have come up with a new look and would like for you guys to let me know what you think. I know its just an image right now, but still any feedback is okay. Thanks in advance

Heres the link..

http://www.rootcomputing.net/Mock.gif

Member #
    It's often hard to look at an image, as its often the dynamic and coding charactersistics that make a site. Because of so, we can only give rate to the Visual Appeal.

I think its ok and contrasting, but again will it be fixed width? And how will you float the computer network icon (webdings 0xC2), and is it a link? Are those the basic menus, or will there be pop-ups?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Okay, I understand about it being an image. As far as the width, it will stay the same, or move up/down depending on the content size. The network icon is not a link, more there for show and to just not look so plain. And the menu will be a simple buttom menu, nothing fancy.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Looks good ... now let's see how you code
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Your topic might contain deep subjects, which means deep pages, which might only be satisfied with a drop-down menu (otherwise visitors have to go through multiple layers of navaigation to get to your site).
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Visualyl I like the look. The colors work for me. Work on the company logo a bit though.

I would remove the image of the map that is the in background of the middle pane. Seems like this has been used way to often for my liking.

If you are just going to bring over the content of your current site, i would work on it it a little more. Rework the text. Also not sure how the "partners" section ties into what you do? You list an automotive company, but you are selling technology services. Is this a customer? Maybe that would be a better heading.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    One thing I think would look really cool is if you took the little computers icon and ghosted it back behind your header. (But still keep it in the footer too)

I also like that cute little arrow icon on the bottom. Since you're pretty good with icons, maybe you should try adding an icon to each menu item? That could look cool, and more interesting too.

I definitely like your choice of colors, very nice.

And I LOVE the map behind the text in the body area. So cute!
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Nice site - stylish. However because you've used tables, first time I go to a new page I see the table loading up before the content, which is a bit off putting.

Also - if it was me I'd put the js in a seperate file, perhaps?

I think the "root computing" logo down the bottom perhaps needs a touch more contrast against it's background, perhaps?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro
    Nice site - stylish. However because you've used tables, first time I go to a new page I see the table loading up before the content, which is a bit off putting.

Also - if it was me I'd put the js in a seperate file, perhaps?

I think the "root computing" logo down the bottom perhaps needs a touch more contrast against it's background, perhaps?
    I think you're confused ... the review is for the mock up at the bottom of the post ... not the site

[a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    I think you're confused ... the review is for the mock up at the bottom of the post ... not the site

Oh bugger - sorry, I obviously haven't recovered from New Year yet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads