Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site Check

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

OK, I've been around here a little while, and given alot of feedback on other people's sites. Now it's time for those people to get back at me.

I'm redesigning my portfolio, here's what I have so far. Lemme know what you think. Thanks :ichatangel:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I really like the layout and color scheme... but.. one major thing... COMPRESSION AAHHHH!!!

Turn up that jpg compression man.. it's killin me. Also you have some black.. uhh crap I guess at the top right corner.

Might wanna make it more colorful for a portfolio... don't want it to just pass by... you're showing off your best stuff man, amp it up!

Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

JR
    Member #
    i like it a lot... although the banner does look a bit like my site
    JR

Member #
    Brak - both problems noted and being worked on.

JR - I didn't realize that until I just checked your site.

Member #
    Does anyone else have issues with the JPG's? Their size is actually pretty small - the total size of the images on the homepage is about 20k, and the php file size is roughly 5k, making for a 25k homepage. My smallest site ever I think :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't have any issues with the JPGs myself: then again, I'm on broadband. If you're ever unsure about the average load time of a site, visit Net Mechanic and run their "Load Time" tool. (The code checker's pretty useless for the most part, but the load time tool is usually close to accurate.)

Okay, on to, as the French would say, "La Review de La Site De Web."

First things first: contact form-to-email. Tres smart. I know that you know this, but I post this for the benefit of those that don't. When contact form-to-email is used, it hides the recipient's email address from users and much more importantly from spam bots.

Second: your links page. How come transio gets a link and I don't? heh actually I don't care, I'm just being whiny.

Third: the layout. I like it for the most part. I like the blue ball thing and the two rocket ship building gizmos (even though I can't figure out what they are), and I like the use of grey with them. The only thing I'd suggest is to make your background grey lighter and to go with black text (this would also help make your CSS mouseovers a little more visible).

Fourth: The top left corner. I don't know if it's just me or not but it seems to be "flat" and not totally round. The top right corner looks okay but not the left one.

I do think you're on the right track with this, though, and I strongly suggest keeping right on going with it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for the input Game. I'll play around with that corner some more, I rounded those corners manually, kind of quickly. I used Netmechanic after Brak brought up the JPG issues, and it gave me those figures that I posted earlier, so I just wanted to be sure NetMechanic wasn't missing something.

I'll experiment with a lighter color gray and black text, and post something if any good comes out of it.

Also, I linked to Transio because he offered to swap links with me for SEO reasons. I'd be happy to link to you too, although IIRC, I think you weren't a fan of linking to other web designers. Could have been someone else though.

Thanks again for the input!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Nah, it was me. I'm just a competitive bastard. I don't know why; it's just the way I was born.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    LOL, no prob GAME, just didn't want you to feel left out :aimangel:

Remove Ads