Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I know it needs a lot of work. I can do much better but I lack ideas. Do you have any?

Member #
    i dont mean to be nasty, but i think you should just scrap this site and start again.

1) whys the logo a different colour to the background?
    2)the spleling is afwul
    3)get a domain
    4)the red text is hard to read
    5)theres no pages
    6)you havent promoted your forum at all and theres nobody there
    7)your forum is the default style given to you, doesnt match the rest of your site
    8)the grey background looks like its from some old microsoft program from the 90s

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xstation14
    I know it needs a lot of work. I can do much better but I lack ideas. Do you have any?
    I strongly suggest you do the following.

1) Actually generate content for your website.
    2) Look at similar sites, get inspiration for design
    3) Create a structured layout, navigation and color scheme in photoshop, illustrator or fireworks.
    4) Read the tutorial in the tutorial forums about slicing. Slice your layout into small images.
    5) Write some HTML and CSS to bring your images together
    6) Link up all your buttons to your different webpages.
    7) Add content you made in step 1
    8) Come back to WDF and get a proper review.

The only redeeming feature of your current site is the .tk part at the top... and thats not even yours. I am sorry if that is harsh but most people could of made what you have done in 5 minutes.

Member #
    Another site that just looks crap. People, you can just jump into it, put pictures everywhere, use hyperlinks and ur nav bar etc. Before you start, i suggest you read up, look at other designs for inspiration and practise practise practise. Also, get a domain.

Member #
    xeonART, please stop being horrible.
    in all the threads i've read in which you've commented you've put nothing but negative comments and offered little in the way of encouragement, people join this forum for advice for how they could improve their websites, not to be insulted.
    please take peoples feelings into consideration before posting in future

Member #
    I usually give direct criticism, you know. I give occasional plus points to boost self-esteem, but generally I try to tell people what's wrong, why I think it's wrong, and how I think he/she should do it. Criticism is fine if you have a reason to do it and it's constructive.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Agreed, I actually posted on a few forums before I came across WDF and each one just gave me the standard "your site is crap" and just directed me to the W3C Validator and CSSBeauty, both of which are useful but unlikely to actually help me improve.

With regards to the poster's website:

Basically, like everybody else has said, it seriously needs some actual "design" because at the moment it's just a page with some text and a couple of links. Firstly, get your coding habits ironed out.

I'd personally recommend "xHTML In Easy Steps" to get you started (Amazon), I originally learnt HTML out of the HTML version of the book, and XHTML is pretty much the replacement for HTML.

Secondly, although it sounds harsh, take the "Web Design Tutorial" off of the site. To justify having it there, you need to have a good design. There are several HTML and Web Design tutorial sites around, so it's quite pointless. Instead, try giving your visitors links to the established sites (W3Schools etc). Also regarding content, develop it around the theme.

Lastly, get rid of the Freewebs hosting and the TK domain. Co.uk domains are now so cheap, it's not even worth having a .TK. Hosting is now becoming incredibly cheap, so look around.

On the subject of looking around, take a look at other websites and try to take inspiration from them - but don't copy them.

MaidenFan

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    1) ok, don't use TK. you lose vistors right away from that.
    2) you cant put web design, and gaming together. I like that both. I makes games and websites, but you don't need a website with both.
    3) look around at other websites and think, I want that on my website.
    4) I know you havn't done this, but for the future, but cram as much pictures as you can. but use pictures of games (what ever) as you background.
    5) Don't put music on your website
    6) keep it clean.

You need a major redesign. just take you time, and dont rush.

Member #
    Well, personally you have to put it straight. No point hiding the obvious....just active critisism.

Member #
    I just have to say it lacks features in all 3 aspects (content, aesthetics, usability). It's more like a picture put together in paint. I don't mean to be harsh, but that's how it is.

I'm not sure if this site should be continued from the current. I suggest getting more ideas and techniques, then try rebuilding from scratch.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads