Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi people, i was asked to make a site for an event i DJ at every month because they were looking for a new way to promote it and get out all that important news to people. I was also asked to make a news section were other people involved in the website can log in and type up all the news (ive never used php before).

Anyways i hope some of you can pass on some comments (good or bad) and maybe give some suggestions on improving it?

www.jump-off.co.uk

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, I'm gonna start off by telling you what I like. It's organized, decently well laid out, has a nice font, nice background color in the text areas, and is graphically noticeable.

That said, the graphic banner has poor anti-aliasing, which makes it look jagged and unfinished, the red / black / white colors throughout the site are too high contrast. Make it a lighter, desaturated red and medium gray instead of blood red / black. You've applied styles to almost everything... EXCEPT form elements, which stand out like a sore thumb. You have a huge (10 pixels or so) border between your 3 vertical sections, then on top of that, you add a 25 px spacing from your floating content divs in the middle. Then there's another border and another space before you actually get to the content, which looks like it's disconnected from the page. Get rid of the sub-windows. Integrate your content into the main central area better.

Overall, it's a nice start.. keep workin at it.

Member #
    W0ot someone who knows what there talking about

Thanks for ur input - but, changing the whole color scheme would be a little harsh as i would have to edit every single page ;(

Member #
    I agree with what Transio said. In addition, I don't like the font you've chosen for your banner. The title is impossible to read!! I've seen alot of fonts similar to this, but this one is illedgible. You can try searching around this site, they may have a similar (but better) font, and this site allows you to use their fonts on commercial pages, no strings attached.

JR
    Member #
    i like the colours (suit the subject) but i do not like the title font very much. It also looks to jaggy
    JR

Member #
    I like the design layout. The colors are ok but dont impress me too much. It is nice a layed out sso you can see everything and it is clean which is good. Again ya the anti-alias on the text is bad it is all jaggedy. I would also change the font around. it is too much like times new roman cause it probably is i like verdana. over all not too bad.
    http://www.macorastudios.com

Remove Ads