Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    I've just revamped my freelance web portfolio at www.sonicadesign.com. Any (constructive) opinions would be greatly appreciated. For comparison, the old version of the site is at www.sonicadesign.com/old.

All the usual blurb applies, xHTML and CSS validaed, Firefox 2.0.1 and IE 7 tested.

Many thanks,
    Craig

Member #
    i maybe that a swift colour change would make this website a good deal better looking, how about a nice cool blue such as #0099CC in the header as opposed to the red and then another lighter blue for the rest (or whatever) then a white background.
    lose the italics, i think that'd help.
    the website itself is pretty nice, but the colors just let it down im afraid.
    best of luck,
    solidgold

Member #

Member #
    yeah, that looks much better, maybe you could tone down the boldness of the border bits too, you know which ones i mean?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    The site itself is not bad. It doesn't WOW me at all but it's ok. It hold together. To tell you the truth, I really don't like that logo. I mean ... what is it?!?! What does it have to do with "sonica designs"? What is sonica anyways?!

The layout of the content good; you have an images of what you can do ... a few more would be cool. And you're using CSS/Div layout so I'll give you that as well

Good luck with it.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    My first thought.... For Pete's sake, pick a design, and stick with it! This site has been through so many redesigns in the past few months, I wouldn't ask you to design a site for me. It makes you look indecisive. If you want to have alternate style sheets, go for it, but for crying out loud, pick a design, and stick with it.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    ^ yes ... so true!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    PS - Good on ya for using CSS!
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Personally I think 1.5 out of 5 is a bit harsh for "visual appeal" - I would have given it slightly higher, like a 2.5 or 3.......
    I've seen a lot lot worse.....

Member #
    Ouch my eyes!! You should know that people enjoy sites that employ lots of colors near white or near black. Full saturation colors are often too sharp and can greatly distract on content.

Also, your color scheme is a bit bland, because it all revolves around the same color (that sharp red in the banner and background orange). Blue or some other color to neutralize would be greatly helpful. Try hovering over the menu items. The red is just too strong.

And you display few techniques common to the modern web... not that it's bad, it just doesn't feel connected with the rest of the web.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads