Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey all, i know its slow (i dont know how to code yet lol).
    So rate please

Member #
    Not bad.......you have addressed the loading issue but now you need to do something about it. Optimizing graphics would be the first step (easier than coding).

Next is a mistake most new designers make.........and of course, it is open to other opinions.
    When putting a portfolio together, you should never put your own logo or site in their. It is obvious you designed it, it is your site.
    When a new designer/company puts together a portfolio this is a mistake I see a lot of people make. It just doesn't make sense. No need to see your logo/designs twice (once at the site they are looking at and then again in a representation of your work?)

Other than that, it is pretty simple layout and design.......not fancy, but not many major issues.

Good luck.......
    GMan

Member #
    Yes, I have started to read up on how to code, and for the time being (should be done soon) I will change the image sizes for a faster load time.
    You make a point with the company logo. I will probably take it out at a later stage (after i finish my year 12 homework)
    Thankyou

Member #
    It looks quite nice, although the banner could be a bit larger. People might have trouble reading the "design studio" text.

And, ah, tables... also the reflections should be more transparent. They're too opaque, making it a bit hard to read. One problem is your text "xeonART" on your homepage is green, people might think it's a link.

Main problem: Use text for text, images for images! You have so many images for text. And you're not using CSS for anything (except the background). There are JS scripts to make your reflections for you! Your image fragments create a whooping 276kb, a CSS styled version could be less than a quarter of that.

And why a 117kb background tile image that's all black? Just do it in CSS!

I'm saying that you shouldn't think about optimizing your images - think about using few images and use text & CSS. Also... try enlarging your font size and see how spectacularly your layout explodes ! Make a fluid layout, at least vertically. It's not the age of vertically fixed layouts anymore.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Well, its all based around coding capabilities i dont have Sooner or later ill end up learning and fixing it up
    Thanyou

Remove Ads