Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well, I took your comments from the previous review thread, spent a few hours making a new theme... Then gave up because I'm not a designer, and modified the (Bleep) out of an open source template (The only thing left is the header background and some css).

So review away... I probably won't have a chance to fix any design flaws for awhile, seeing as I'm launching this site today... But I guess thats all the more reason for you to be as harsh as possible

Member #
    I have to say the old one was better... but this one has the contrast and ease of reading right. The colors are just a bit... overcontrasting... I'm sure someone will come over with a lengthy cannonball fired at you, which I can't do thanks to being stuck in school.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    i never saw the 1st version (well i don't think i did).

seems like a reasonhable design however it is missing the human touch. doesnt seems to flow to well.

i don't really think its the colors or the look (which could be more pleasing to the eye, but are certainly not bad) that are the problem, more the layout. seems too crampt. try taking information away from the pages and spliting it into smaller pages. the nav menu is far to big and by the time i read all the links on the site, i'm bored.

try make it more simple and broken into section i say?

Member #
    I would say, sit down, think about your company, what your goals are, who would ever visit your site (gamers, employees, etc..) and what they would need. Then develop the site around that. If you're a software developer you could do something terribly simple that just lists your games, screenies, etc... and then just have links to the forum, the news, and everything else.

Try not to get bogged down to create a big website. Some of the best designers' portfolios that i've come across are just long lists with lots of pictures of what they've done..

hope that helps...
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Remove Ads